Can you stick an LED in a Surefire E1e?**UPDATE-ORDERED ONE***

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that would ROCK. A nice reflectored LED in that little thing will be hot! Any idea how that would be done?

UPDATE- Well curiosity got the best of me so I had to order one, OpticsHQ had them in the black HA so I couldn't resist. I can't wait to see if I can get an LED in there.....

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Can you stick an LED in a Surefire E1e?

I think that is what Surefire did in making the E1L. I don't have one so I'm not sure if it has a reflector or optic.
1112244571817_E1LLL.jpg

Last edited:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a McGizmo modded E1e that has an Opalec Newbeam in it - does that count??

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree. I would love to see an option for the KL1 with a reflector. I have been so happy with the Fenix lights, it would seem that the KL1 with a reflector would produce a splendid beam.

-Goatee

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man I would LOVE to have one with a white LED. I wonder what kind of output/runtime you could get with a nice U-bin :)

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

The E1XD uses the same set up as the one in my post above. You'd get one by finding the E bezel and getting hold of Chop.

choppedesmall7vh.jpg

-LT

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an e1e type light with a led. it is actually a e2 bezel bored out and fitted with a mcr20 and the threads chased out another 6mm to accept an aleph LE. I use a vital gear FB1 body to keep it nice and compact. My DSL went out tonight so i am writing this on my cel phone and cannot post any pics.

I love this light, and owe thanks to mountaineer for doing the head mods for me.

I am now waiting on parts to build a Ubin FLUPIC light engine (to replace the light engine i half killed that runs in it right now, long story short, don't use Lithium Ions with a NewGen converter) to make this my ultimate EDC.

I was sold the first time I saw some pics of this combo, and am very happy with this light, even it its current crippled state.

schiesz

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

After frying the NexGen BB400 converter in the current LE, I drilled a hole through the LE and connected a new wire from the positive lead on the emitter to under the solder blob. It now runs at 200 Ma on primaries, and 317 Ma on a RCR123 due to resistance from the converter still connected though the ground side of the emitter. At this drive level the light does not get hot at all, even after running for 2.5 hours straight. The LED is a TX0H Lux III. I'll post a quick beamshot I did showing my MMMag on a 3 cell bulb, the E1E mod, SMJLED, and E1L.

schiesz

04122006006.jpg

04122006003.jpg

04122006029.jpg

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seeing the size of the light compared to the MMMMag and a stock E1L really tells the story, IMHO.

schiesz

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, that E1E-Reflector-LED-Chop light is sweeeeeet! One of the main reasons (aside from being poor...dangit!) I haven't gotten a SF LED light is I don't like that the only choices for beam patterns are pure spot or pure flood (I like reflector-based beams with good hot spot for throw and good spill for navigation). I was thinking I'd wait till the SF Lux5 lights got replaced with K2s before getting a SF LED light so I'd have the beam I like with great output, but this mod looks great. Too bad I doubt I'd be able to afford a SF K2 light or the price to have the E1E modded. I could afford the E1E alone...that's about it...ha.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the FluPIC for the Aleph LE for my Exe modded head. The U bin FluPIC light engine in the light makes it the best EDC I could have dreamed of. I really love this light.

schiesz

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm planning to order an E1e this Thursday. I'm VERY interested in a LED mod to it. I'm wondering if it's possible to mount that TerraLux Ninistar2 TLE-5 module in it. Looks small enough, and its a 3v powered light.....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I coudn't wait - a black HA version is on the way. I guess I will experiment with trying to get a LED in there somehow. Keep the suggestions coming!