Package lost or held at customs?

Netherland

Newly Enlightened
My order (L2P + 8 pack lithiums) shipped on 28 March.
Destination: Netherlands.

Answer from 4sevens after my e-mail from 11 April:

"International shipments are made using airmail.
Sometimes they take a little longer. Please don't worry.
Let me know when it comes.

David"

Because my order still didn't show up and after reading how fast it shipped to other countries I do start worrying.

Should I e-mail David again or is it to soon yet?

lebox97

Enlightened
I'd say it's a combination of distance and efficiency of the local postal and customs service (and lunar alignment)? perhaps some of the other people from netherlands can share their experience for shipments into the netherlands from the US?...

I ship several international shipments every week - and have seen items delivered within 3 days(!) to 3 weeks. If I were to calculate an average I would say 10-14 days is "normal" for most.
My guess is it will arrive "any day now"...:)

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've shipped many packages to Europe and I agree with lebox97 that the average delivery takes 10-14 days. However, a few of my packages were tied up in customs in Germany for much longer than that. I think some things just get misplaced and found at a later time. I sent a Leica camera to someone in France and the package went missing. I put a trace on it through the post office and they tracked it down two months later in German customs.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bart has a good point. If it was sent via USPS, it could also have been inadvertantly diverted to surface international parcel post which could take 6-8 weeks to get to Europe, in addition to whatever time it may be in Customs for clearance. Since it has only been a couple of weeks, you're still in the normal time period. If a month goes by and it hasn't arrived, you might want to ask David to file a tracer with the Postal Service (I think that's the minimum period before they will try to trace a parcel.)

Phreeq

Newly Enlightened
I once waited for 2.5 months for a shipment. It was uninsured and I was pretty nervous.
I only experienced once that an international package was lost.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Packages from the US to here takes at least three weeks to arrive. Part of that is due to the slow customs process. I bought something once from Hong Kong and it took at least six torturous weeks to reach me. You should wait.

Sanny

Newly Enlightened
From my experience the shipments from the US usually take right about or just over one week to arrive here in Switzerland.
I have however shipped back my L0P to 4sevens for maintenance and it still hasn't reached destination after 25 days ...I hope it is just being held up somewhere :sweat:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have a package from Italy headed my way and it hasn't arrived yet but hey its only been 10 days, can't wait to get it.

AlexGT

Netherland

Newly Enlightened
Netherland said:

David"

Because my order still didn't show up and after reading how fast it shipped to other countries I do start worrying.

Should I e-mail David again or is it to soon yet?

STATUS 9 MAY: NOT ARRIVED!

This was my first international order....

amlim

Enlightened
Netherland said:

STATUS 9 MAY: NOT ARRIVED!

This was my first international order....

man, it sucks... i understand... i have 2 packages from USA that was shipped sometime early april which have not arrived. total cost $170.... i think they are gone... :awman: :awman: :rant: :rant:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either that or they got mixed in with surface parcel post which can take up to 2 months plus customs clearance time. You should probably contact the vendor and ask that they file a trace on the parcel if it was sent by airmail. (has to be done from the sender end.)

amlim said:
man, it sucks... i understand... i have 2 packages from USA that was shipped sometime early april which have not arrived. total cost $170.... i think they are gone... :awman: :awman: :rant: :rant:

amlim

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Either that or they got mixed in with surface parcel post which can take up to 2 months plus customs clearance time. You should probably contact the vendor and ask that they file a trace on the parcel if it was sent by airmail. (has to be done from the sender end.)

don't think one of the is traceable. supposed to be GPM.

the other one, i emailed the vendor. still waiting for a reply.

thanks.

Netherland

Newly Enlightened

David"

It still hasn't arrived.... 1 June 2006!

Last edited: