Any sightings of the color Nite Ize drop-ins?

AlexSchira

Enlightened
The IQ Switch, which has now been pulled back to remove that pesky auto-off timer, will be out in Mid-May. That C/D cell-sized drop and the colored MiniMag drops...have been pushed back three times since they were introduced, and finally the C/D drop has hit stores with a few reviews already out on this very board.
Back when Target was selling Mini-Mags at severely cut rates, I bought a few just to have one of each NI color at my disposal. For a few months now, whenever Nite Ize comes up in a topic, I mention my MM hoarding and how I'm buying the colored drop-ins. I read the reviews before I spotted the C/D drop at Target, and therefore didn't buy one to wait out Mag releasing theirs.
I can live without an IQ switch, but I have plans to use those double-runtime red drop-ins to make customized lights for a few friends of mine who are going into the military and probably Iraq soon afterwards. That, and I want to use them to make a drunken fool of myself come the Fourth of July.
Has anyone seen these on any dealer sites yet, or maybe even at a chain store?

Last edited:

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Thank you! Now, in a perfect world some one would have gotten their hands on one of the red ones and wrote a review...

InfidelCastro

Banned
Why should I pay one of the online retailers $8 or $11 + shipping for one when I can buy them for $4 at Walmart? If I was going to do that, I might as well get a lux based dropin.

I'll wait until they (NightIze) show up at Walmart or Target.

Shirley

Newly Enlightened
I ordered two, one of which will go to a friend if it proves bright enough.

I haven't dropped it into a Mini Mag yet, but the li'l unit is still fairly bright even when only run off a single AAA.

John

Shirley

Newly Enlightened
Okay, from regular MM, it's pretty bright, plenty bright to nagivate through the woods without any problems. Much like the white NI, it's more flood than throw. The hot spot only appears to be about as bright as a X1 at about 8 feet, but there is maybe 3x as much useable light, because the beam is so wide.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm with InfidelCastro on the price issue. I'll just wait for them to hit the $4-something mark at WallyMart.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I'm still surprised by the current draw reading I got... 200mA... I never would have guessed. It does put out alot of ambient light though. It is the total anti-thesis of a throw light. It makes my River Rock 2AAA .5W seem like a throw monster funny as that sounds.

I was using it in the backyard the other night.. when it's really dark out it seems to to a pretty good job of lighting up the shed and hedges about 10-12 yards away from the backdoor.

Latest posts