What's your most impressive 2AA light?

metalhed

Enlightened
Arc LS with a AA tube.

Long runtime and adequate brightness...impressive for it's design and durability.

Plus they're not made anymore so...

...are you impressed?

:laughing:

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
Peak Caribbean with 2AA body & Kroll switch!
:rock:

(then try the Nite-Ize IQ Switch when available!)

CLHC

Flashaholic
The one with the BadBoy.NexGen.750mA TW0J Lux.III LE nestled with a 20mm IMS reflector and UCL lens powered by two Energizer e2 Lithiums—

onthebeam

Enlightened
I loved my Streamlight Jr. Luxeon. But my current 2 AA light is the Fenix L2P, which used to be $20 higher, but no more. I paid about $50 for it and it's currently just over $30 from a couple of sources.

I wrote a review here comparing the two. One advantage over the Streamlight and the Caribbean with Kroll is that it will stand in candlelight mode. Also, it's brighter than the Streamlight and has a longer runtime. One last advantage is that it can be combined with the CR2 or CR123 tube for a very versatile combination.

BBL

Enlightened
Arc LS / 2AA
Great beam, excelent regulation with NiMhs ... my first high-end light and still my most used light. It just isnt taken outdoors anymore, because it is not replaceable.

dim

Enlightened
I've replaced my dead SL Jr. Lux with a 3AA Gerber LX3.0. Performance, build, everything - the LX3 in a different class than the Junior. It's larger and a fair bit heavier, generally, more expensive too. If you're looking for a new flashlight that uses AA batteries, unless you're compromising size/performance/price, the 3AA LX3 is very worthy of consideration.

dim

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
AWR's LDO3 800mA driver equipped sammie with TX0H in a MiniMag with Auroralite MDR reflector and Kroll switch. Shockingly bright, astounding in side by side comparison with a stocker (a joke!). Tie with that the incan hotwire madness and fun of Auroralite's TL-3 Minimag mod, 150+ lumens....

Then there's MiniBeast, a Welch Allyn 1274 driven by 2 LiIon in a Minimag. 400 plus lumens from a MM for a SHORT runtime.

Trying to figure out if I can get a micro miniature ballast to power a 10W WA HID bulb in the Minimag with a Mag C turbo head. But I need a one AA cell extender too for 3AA (14500 LiIon)

AndrewWynnRouse gets credit for the brains behind my most powerful and fun 2AA hotrod design. LDO3, like his other creations, are bleeding edge performers. KISS principle high performance.

Flip side of the coin, for simple stock nice reliable, for best value per dollar, smiles per mile, and absolutely the highest enjoyment for an absolutely stock config with outstanding quality goes to the Fenix L2P. A stock L2P is a near perfect multipurpose utility light. I wonder why nobody ever posts about the Fenix lights here on CPF?:naughty:

What I REALLY think is awesome is the fact that there are lights out there from production companies, that are nice to own and use. But put them in the hands of CPF modders, with their brains and skilled hands they transform the mundane and everyday into the terrifically fun and thrilling. Like AWR and Auroralite. These 2 individuals have single handedly crafted my most awesome and fun lights by way of their modder talents. Thanks to CPF, and only to CPF, I have lights that just flat out ROCK :rock:

Thanks guys!!:goodjob::rock::laughing::):grin2:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
For impressive for what it is... my 2003 minimag with BB500 R2H sandwich, extended bezel holding a 20mm IMS reflector, mineral glass and kroll tailswitch. Minimag with an attitude.

For impressive utility, my Peak Mediterranean 2AA with twistie or Kroll. Very bright, pure white and decent runtime coupled with cool operation and bomb-proof reliability.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me its the XM-3, a very impressive light!

paulr

Flashaholic
The imaginary one that I hope Data turns into reality after the Spy 005 is done. Basically a 2AA version of the Spy 005.