gave self heart atack last night

raggie33

*the raggedier*
so last night i was geting ready for bed went out to smell the air and do like i always do make my rooom complety dark i like dark rooms .so about 15 minutes after i lay in bed i feel as if something jumped on bed i just thought i was imageing it so i try to go to sleep then all a sudden i feel weight on my tummy. it wasa frigen cat musta sneaked in man that cat was very brave and dumb he almost got thrown across room .i would never throw him if i new it wa s cat but in the dark i had no idea what was up so i just got up and reached for my light and saw darn cat run down staires .so i opened slideing glasss door and he fianly left man cats must have very little smarts as to whos house to go into i dont like cats that much lol but late at night in the dark i had no idea what it was kinda thought racoon or something nd ya never want to scare a racoon

TorchMan

Enlightened
Yeah, that's scary. Good of you to realize and not toss it around! At times like that, flashlights are a Godsend!

The flashaholic in me wants to ask what light the cat was illuminated with?

Empath

Flashaholic
That was a very special cat. I hope it has someone that loves and cares for it. To have that much love to give, and have it mean nothing blows my mind.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
:)
Empath said:
That was a very special cat. I hope it has someone that loves and cares for it. To have that much love to give, and have it mean nothing blows my mind.
:) probaly had rabbies

Arkayne

Enlightened
You are saying that a strange cat just walked in your house and jumped on you? lol poor guy. He must have been lost or delusional.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Animals are lots better judges of people than people are. If you'd been a bad guy, the cat wouldn't have bothered.

My little dogs love people (and are encouraged to). But there's one guy I've worked with that really dislikes all animals. He came around one day and the dogs never came to greet him -- just went out into the yard and stayed away from him. He'd never been here before.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i do feed em but i will deny it if asked lol. there are lots a strays here ever since they caem up with the no pets rules people who had pets like 3 years ago can still have em but they must be a pet they had when the rule came about.i never close my door when im in back porch in storage room to get stuff outa freezer

InfidelCastro

Banned
Every once in awhile I run into a cat in the dark, they're sorta dumb that way because they think you can see them. They don't know that you can't see as good as they can in the dark.

TorchMan

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Every once in awhile I run into a cat in the dark, they're sorta dumb that way because they think you can see them. They don't know that you can't see as good as they can in the dark.

I'm gonna jack this thread off topic a little with this response, but here goes.

I was watching Leno years ago, and he mentioned getting night vision goggles to play with his cat in the dark. I don't have goggles, but do have a rather nice monocular. In really dark situations, the advantage is mine! They seemed baffled that I could see on their level or better.

Also one of my cats tends to be a leg rubber, even in full daylight. It will run into me all the time, no matter the lighting conditions. Also walks right in front of me, a real tripping hazard. I went off the porch onto concrete once because of it, and landed on my U2 in holster. I literally had a U2 shaped black bruise on my hip for quite a while. The cat was fine, but wondering why I was laying on the concrete in the rain. Of course I checked my light first, before really checking myself.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
We had a cat, a large Maine Coon sp?, to come to our house one evening and it kept scratching at the door to get in. After hearing him wail for a couple of hours I finally gave in and let him in the house. I figured I would let him stay in the bathroom but oh no he jumped up on the bed and started kneading my wife's pillow and finally want to sleep in her hair. I would have normally never let a strange animal in our home let alone let one in my bed but there was something telling me that this was a special case.
The next morning he was as friendly as could be and I let him outside where he went to the bathroom and then came back. Again he was scratching at the door. He acted like he had lived there his whole life. Strangest thing I had ever seen. Well since this was on a weekend, and my wife talked me into letting him stay, we just decided to keep him. He treated us like we had known each other our whole lives. The most loving cat I have ever seen.
Later in the day he started whining and moaning like he was in a lot of pain. Finally he laid down in the hallway and peed on himself. I had no idea what was wrong with him. So we loaded him up and took him to the vet. While the vet was examining him the cat just fell over. The vet tried to revive him but no luck. Finally after another exam the vet concluded that the cat had a kidney infection and died of septic shock.
To this day I wonder if that cat knew exactly what he was doing. I had never seen him around here before and after asking everyone of my neighbors for several miles around he did not appear to belong to anyone. I never heard of anyone looking for him and never saw any ads for his return.
This happened around 1990. Strange to say the least.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of a story my mom told me; this actually happened before I was born.

At our old apartment where I lived until I was 4, we had a neighbor who owned a large black and white cat and it has come to know us and the other people on the same level we lived on. Anyway, that cat somehow got in without my mom noticing, must have left the front door open while cleaning up the balcony. It found it's way into the master bedroom and just sat there on the bed for a while before my mom came into the room. :aaa:

She screamed and the cat made a run for the front door.

2dim

Enlightened
Cats choose us, more than we do them. Who knows, Raggie, maybe a soft warmly purring furball cuddling up to you, is just what's needed right now...

2dim

Enlightened
TorchMan said:
I'm gonna jack this thread off topic a little with this response, but here goes.

I was watching Leno years ago, and he mentioned getting night vision goggles to play with his cat in the dark. I don't have goggles, but do have a rather nice monocular. In really dark situations, the advantage is mine! They seemed baffled that I could see on their level or better.

Also one of my cats tends to be a leg rubber, even in full daylight. It will run into me all the time, no matter the lighting conditions. Also walks right in front of me, a real tripping hazard. I went off the porch onto concrete once because of it, and landed on my U2 in holster. I literally had a U2 shaped black bruise on my hip for quite a while. The cat was fine, but wondering why I was laying on the concrete in the rain. Of course I checked my light first, before really checking myself.

LOL! Funny story, Torchman!!!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
LifeNRA said:
To this day I wonder if that cat knew exactly what he was doing.

What a neat story, Jeff. Maybe he did know what he was doing. If that was me, I would have felt highly honored that a beautiful animal like that chose me as a friend and a safe haven.

Last edited:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff, very neat story. Maine Coon cats are very pretty, aren't they. My parent's took in quite a few stray cats, usually vehemently against my father's wishes but my ma always seemed to override him and sometimes he would end up loving the cat more then anyone else.