Just for fun: The Flat Earth Society

TorchMan

Enlightened
You mean you're one of those people that acutally thinks the earth is curved? :ohgeez: :grin2:

I am going to read this. I'm not sure from the outset if it's a joke or not either, but I suspect that there are those who believe it. Me, I'm just afraid of the sea monsters at the edge. Makes me want to dig out that old Kansas Album, Point Of No Return?

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
Silly wabbit, of course it"s flat. It used to be round and hollow, then someone stepped on it:ironic: :huh:

HighLight

Enlightened
According to the Flat Earth Society one of the four corners of the earth is in my Canadian province! :rock:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
That expains the Burmuda Triangle; the ships simply sailed over the edge. As for the missing airplanes, maybe the seamonsters have really long necks.

Navck

Enlightened
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society
There is a Web site devoted to the Flat Earth Society, ostensibly owned by "Flat Earth Society, Inc.", although it is clearly a hoax. Its slogan is "Deprogramming the masses since 1547" and various tongue-in-cheek or deliberately offensive explanations of the flat-Earth position are featured. There is also a page devoted to "current events" with a list of unbelievable, undated items. The online membership form is equally quirky. No postal address for the alleged organization is revealed anywhere on the site. The homepage bears a copyright date of 1998.

Currently active, however, is The Flat Earth Society Forums—a Web site collecting Flat Earth and Flat Earth Society information in an attempt to reestablish the organization. It is primarily devoted to discussion boards but also features Flat Earth Society newsletters from the 1970s and 1980s.