Sears 4AA Heavy Duty Worklight - SALE

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Sears has been selling what they call their "Heavy Duty" fully rubber armored 4AA hologen "Craftsman" light for several years. It is the short fat one that loads the 4AAs all side by side like the old Turtlelite or the Dorcy Cool Blue. This Sears model has a little LED light on the side that shows the battery condition and is professed to be totally waterproof and has a good switch as opposed to some of their newer model LED lights.

Anyway, this sweet (although hologen based) light was on sale at our local Sears for the remarkably low price of $1.97. What drew my attention to is is the crimpled reflector. Looked to be a perfect host for an EverLED 1watt PR replacement bulb. Well folks, the Sears light withthe EverLED is a real winner. Best beam pattern I've ever gotten from the EverLED. I picked up the last 4 Sears discounted lights today. Now all I got to do is find some relatively cheap 4AA LED PR replacement bulbs - and they ain't got to be 1 Watt either.

If you can find this all black armored Sears Craftsman Heavy duty little work light of under $2.00 - it is a tremendous host. In fact, if I knew it would make the EverLED work so well I would have gladly paid full price. Take care fellow flash-a-holics.

WNG

Enlightened
It's a 1W Lux in a PR base. Check the reviews section for more details...a review was posted last month.
There is a 3-cell and a 4-cell version of the bulb.
Many have swapped the 3-cell PR into their 3D Mag yielding nice results.
I tried this mod and was very satisfied.

But I think your drop-in is more sensible....since the the Craftsman Endureable mentioned above is essentially the same configuration as the 1.97 version you bought. Difference being a stainless steel tube body.
So, it makes no sense to buy a $24.99 light same as your's, and just take out the bulb and transfer it to another 'identical' body.

thunderlight

Enlightened
This is a wonderful light, even at full retail, about $9. Since K-Mart is now part of Sears or vice-versa, it is also available there. Despite the fact that this is the LED forum, it should be noted that this is an excellent incandescent light. If I can find these at the sale price, I will purchase at least another one.

To my eye, I found its output on new batteries comparable to a MaxFire on new batteries. Might make a good car light with AA lithiums, either as LED or as incandescent. Four AA combinations are among of my favorite battery configurations for the degree of portability/weight, power, and reasonable runtime.