cool, fast speedboat

JoshuaFl

Newly Enlightened
There is a lettering business right next door to our battery shop, and today they were lettering up a speedboat this guy has restored.

Its just a small little thing, he told me the body weighs 500 lbs, and that it gets up to 120 MPH in 4 seconds.

I took a few pictures of it:

http://www.bohannonbattery.com/speedboat.html

Personally I would be scared to death to go that fast in a vehicle like this. I asked the guy if he gets scared driving it and he said he doesn't go that fast :p

But then, with an engine the size of this one it must be hard not too :p

Arkayne

Enlightened
I'd love to extend those pipes another 3 feet and then shove those tennis ball deep into em. POOONK POOONK POOONK POOONK POOONK POOONK
5.jpg

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that looks like fun. At $3 or more per gallon it would be fun at least for a short time.

Back when I was working in a garage I wanted to build one of those. The engine would have been no problem, but the hull and drive was still a bit expensive. In the summer we would go out to the lake after work, bait some lines, and sit on the dock telling stories until it got dark. A local guy had a drag boat that he raced, and occasionally we would hear him at the end of the lake trying it out so we would go up there and watch. Tere was a little spot at the end of the lake that was 1/2 mile or 1 mile wide, but it was protected from the wind and late in the day it would be very smooth. His boat was a bit smaller that the one in those photos, so the motor and pilot were more on top of the boat than in the boat. His boat would go very fast, and with not much of it touching the water. It looked like more than I wanted to ride.

Latest posts