Cowboy Action Shooting Props

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
So a good friend of mine finally talked me into trying out this "Cowboy Action Shooting" thing. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun but it also got me to thinking about "props" and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate flashaholism into this hobby without totally blowing the period ambiance. So far all I can come up with is modding an old style hurricaine lantern with some LEDs or something.

guncollector

Enlightened
zespectre said:
So a good friend of mine finally talked me into trying out this "Cowboy Action Shooting" thing. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun but it also got me to thinking about "props" and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate flashaholism into this hobby without totally blowing the period ambiance. So far all I can come up with is modding an old style hurricaine lantern with some LEDs or something.

What, no Surefire X200 on your Peacekeeper?

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
He he he, now I've gotta photoshop that together! by the way I love the iWhatever icons.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody will need to help on the flashlight history, but I know M1897 Winchesters are accepted by the cowboy shooters -- weren't there some types of flashlights about that time?

guncollector

Enlightened
Ken_McE said:
What period do they work in?

From the age of Blackpower firearms through the Single-Action, peacemaker-type revolvers. The national organization that promotes the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting is actually called "SASS" (Single-Action Shooter's Society).

So, what period? That would make it mid-1800's through the turn-of-the-last-Century.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, in terms of the firearms and clothing it's "american frontier west" so from roughly 1870-1895.