Surefire's Site-Why's the U2 different?

Bradlee

Enlightened
It always strikes me as strange that the U2 seems much less supported than SF's other lights, in the sense that there are next to no accessories available for it and it appears to be the only light without a user manual. I suppose the fact that it isn't as much of a 'work light' as their other models (more civilian?) accounts for part of this, but I still find it strange.

I guess this isn't much of a question, but perhaps the merely mentioning the U2 will stir up all sorts of contraversy/conversation from the like/dislike parties :).

whorton5

Newly Enlightened
Bradlee said:
It always strikes me as strange that the U2 seems much less supported than SF's other lights, in the sense that there are next to no accessories available for it and it appears to be the only light without a user manual.

Is this really true? Does it ship to you with no manual? That is certainly strange! I noticed they didn't have it .pdf'd on the SF website, but I just assumed that was because they hadn't got to it. :) I never did order a U2 even though I seriously considered it when looking for a multi-level light -- went with my HDS instead. So far, still glad I did.

whorton5

Newly Enlightened
Well I wonder why they don't post it like the rest?

Thanks again for streeing me to the HDS, ront. My wife was making fun of me playing around with it last night. And my eight-year old son knows the "codes" for turning it on Max, primary, sec, min .... I think he's a flashaholic in the making....:D

Flakey

Enlightened
mine came with a manual, also i have an fm64 beamshaper attached, and it is the only SF light that comes with the ability to accept a 18650 Lithium Ion battery.

Bradlee

Enlightened
I'd completely forgotten that I had a user manual in the box-thanks. What I did mean (and stated rather poorly) was that SF's site has no user-manual .pdf posted.

whorton5 said:
Well I wonder why they don't post it like the rest?
-->That's what I meant.

Never mind...I really didn't have any valid point in this post.

Last edited: