• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Now Available! - marbled and HA minimags - Open for special orders only

trivergata

Enlightened
custom anodized lights - No more, never again!

Due to some problems of late with deals and such, I will only do a very few select mods on an individual basis. Thanks for everyone who supported me in the stuff I've tried to do, but I cannot spend the amount of time needed to pull off this kind of stuff anymore.

Josh

1/28/2007 - I won't be doing any more anodizing, and most likely won't be doing any more group anything. This last batch of stuff I had done cost me almost 200 bucks - remember, I only charge what I pay, and the shop I was using double charged me. I didn't pass that cost along to the people I did the work for, because that's not fair either, but I'm also not willing to gamble again.

To make things worse, it took MONTHS to get the stuff back, and in the end, they didn't even do my stuff. I am afraid my reputation (whatever it may have been) has been damaged here because of it.

I tried to help out and we had a good run of it. Thanks for everyone's understanding and patients with this last go around, but I'm out.

Josh

5/28/2006 - Well guys, due to slow sales, I don't think I'm going to offer any more batches for sale as a whole, (I can't afford the risk of tying up cash in something that might not sell, or having to lose money by reducing prices) but I am going to open this up to special orders on a first come, first serve basis. I can buy Mags for you and have them anodized, or you can ship your own hosts to me and have them done. The price for Mini's, when I provide them, will still be $30 for HA, $35 for marbled and $40 for camo - your choice of colors. The price for other mags is still to be determined - I'll post here this week with an exact number. The price for doing your host will be determined based on the masking and size, but a good guideline is for minimags and similar lights, $20 for HA, $25 for marbled and $30 for camo, including return shipping. The price will go up according to size on other lights, but not too much - most of the cost is in masking.

PM me with the details of what you want done, both host and colors/patterns, and I'll get you a quote. This will be open for only a few days, due to my constantly changing work schedule, but I may open it up again depending on demand - no promises though.

Also, numbers 1 and 2 are still available from the photo below for $30 including shipping.

5/21/2006 - 1, 2 and 4 are available for $30 - that's less than my cost after shipping - I want to get these out so I can start another set:

I'm reducing the price on the black/silver smoothey to $45.

Josh

5/19/2006 - here's the next set that is available!
Red/orange - numer 1 (sold to farmall PF) and 2 (sold PF)
forsale5kj.jpg

from left to right, #'s 3 (sold to will), 4, 5 (sold to flex76italy PF) and 6 (sold to farmall PF)
forsale27fi.jpg

from left to right, #'s 7 and 8. 8 is a smooth body with a special pattern, so it is priced differently - $50
forsale38aa.jpg

Here are a few done for people who special ordered, which are not for sale:
auroralite6qi.jpg

pilapower6yj.jpg

Thanks everyone!!!!

-Original Message-
I have made a connection with a local anodizing shop that can do marbling - I'm considering doing a run to help finace a VERY special joint venture between Mini-Modder and I. I would get several MiniMags done, offer them up and if there is enough intrest, do additional runs. The colors would be left to the anodizer, since he is the expert, but we may be able to get a few special requests in there.

Mini-Modder is shipping me a sterile LS body to have a marble job done (Note: that is a hint to what the special project is), and I'm going to get a MiniMag done, hopefully next week, as a sample. The cost would be $35-40 per light, shipped. If there is enough interest, I'll get an official number, and post it. Let me know how many you would want and what colors you would prefer, and we'll proceed from there.

I also am accepting interest in standard HA anodizing. I had the shop do my ARC AAA, and it turned out great! The cost of HA is a bit up in the air, but most lights should be in the $5-10 range, plus shipping. This would include stripping and masking. It would be a black anodize, but color and clear type 2 is also available, if there is enough interest.

*Update 4/23 - I'm going to add some HA MiniMags to this, also, due to some interest. These will be a black HA only. Below is a picture of an original ARC AAA UV he stripped and HA'd for me:

dsc7073small5qp.jpg

Josh

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: feeler thread - marbled minimags

I'll be in for some depending on cost & delivery timeframe.

trivergata

Enlightened

delivery would be take about 1-2 weeks after I put in the order, so maybe 2-3 weeks total.

Josh

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm definitely in for a couple/few.

This is going to be for MiniMags only?

-DF

trivergata

Enlightened

I'll have a couple samples ASAP, hopefully next week.

I might be convinced to do a few other lights, but right now I figured MiniMags would be an easy way to offer this service to everyone. Other lights would be a per case basis - just send me a PM.

Josh

Waffle

Newly Enlightened

I would buy a couple of these.

Just my opinion here, but I think you should stick with MM's only for this first run. It seems to me that these type threads get carried away with special request.

trivergata

Enlightened

I agree - The nice thing about the minimags is I can pick them up here and ship - no shipping to me, no sorting or keeping track of parts, ect. If it goes well, we could do others.

Josh

dbedit

Newly Enlightened

I would be in but would like to see a pic of the sample

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: feeler thread - marbled and HA minimags

I would be interested in a mini mag - marbled...

trivergata

Enlightened
Re: feeler thread - marbled and HA minimags

I dropped off the first run at the anodizer today - there will be 5 marbled and 2 HA mags available. I just don't have the funds available to do larger runs right now - I will, however, continue to do small groups of these as they sell. I should have them back mid next week, and will post pictures.

Josh

Monolith

Enlightened
Re: Now Available! - marbled and HA minimags

Dibbs on the finned orange and black if you sell.