Opinions of the Ion CR2

hivoltage

Enlightened
Been looking for a deal on a used one...I might have to bite the bullet and get a new one. But first......I want to make sure it is a worthwhile investment. What do you owners think of it. Not many of them for sale, which is a good statement for them!!!!

Fringe

Enlightened
Great little light, but know it is NOT a thrower, but a specialized light with a awesome flood beam. I love mine and it is a great partner with my other EDC.

Go get one now.

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
I like mine a lot but have had it only a week. What is one supposed to do with 15 quality little lights? You can't use them all that often but you can look at them and play with them. That seems to be what I do. Did I say that I like my CR2 Ion? Well, enough so that I ordered a second one yesterday (AlBronze) to go with my blue one. No hot spot is nice for a change-just a nice, even spread of light. The low is useful with not a lot of output but the high is really bright. The light seems to be well made and finished. I wouldn't mind less of a twist (another 270 degrees) to get to high but that's not a big deal and gives me more time to play with the light. Being pretty new to LED lights that's about all I can say. I DO like my Ion and am glad I got it.

Steve

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two--both Aluminum-Bronze and love 'em. Great little two-level flood light. This piece along with a spot/throw light---a PD, HDS or an Arc 4+ or similar--makes an unbeatable combo. For dress use the CR2 Ion is a fantastic little piece---small and useful. Get one.

Karl

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple of threads in the reviews section. Read up on it if you can. It may provide some information to your questions.

83Venture

Enlightened
I love mine, no other light this size that covers the flood niche with 2 levels that I know of. Great for indoor use, OK outside for emergencies. Add a small thrower and you are covered.

Newly Enlightened
I got two. Very happy with them. Excellent workmanship. Love the low setting option. Great for working around home projects and in a dark room they really light up an entire wall. I'm also a doc and find it great on rounds to look in throats, etc. Just have to be careful not to blind the patient. They are Bright!!

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
83Venture said:
I love mine, no other light this size that covers the flood niche with 2 levels that I know of. Great for indoor use, OK outside for emergencies. Add a small thrower and you are covered.

I would consider the Nano a flood with 3-levels, at least in the sense that there is no defined hot spot.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the alum. bronze and absolutely love it. It is made as well as any custom light I own and the low and high flood beams are perfect for my everyday needs. Going to buy another one next week....

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CR2-ion is a fine flashlight. Keep in mind that it is a flood type of light.
The battery may rattle.
The design of the 2 stage switch is such that it requires almost a full turn from on to engage the High level.
The fit and finish is good.
The price is on the high side.
No warranty
Many of these lights made their way to the secondary sales market very quickly.

I personally enjoy mine. It is black and the finish has held up quite well.

The CR2 ion is a high quality light.
It is not perfect but then I am not sure if I ave any lights which are perfect.

I do recommend buying from the secondary market. You will have a better chance of recouping your investment if bought for the lower prices found on the BST, should you determine the light doesnt suit your needs.
For example If I were to sell mine today I could get $100.00 for it but certainly not the $145.00 it cost me. You should be able to find one on the BST for between $100.00 and $120.00. Just be patient.
Good luck
Yaesumofo

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Can someone post beam shot? Real world/hallway or room shot . Im very interested.

Thanks.

Fringe

Enlightened
As Yaesumofo wrote, the battery does rattle, but I just made a little rectangle with rounded edges from an old business card and there is absolutly NO movement anymore and the the thing is tight as a drum. Works perfectly. Try it Yaesumofo.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I have the ti one and I have to say it is outstanding in every way. Absolutely gorgeous knurling and the flawless beam is a real treat. You'll like it! If one doesn't come up in a couple of days I would pony up the bucks if you can afford it and get one.

Last edited: