Graffiti on Airforce 1!!! I feel safer now...! WTF!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you believe this?

http://www.stillfree.com/

This person just walked up, jumped the fence and graffittied Airforce 1!!!!! WTF!!!!!!:thumbsdow

It's nice to have such extreme security for our nation's top bird.

AlexGT

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a fake it's not too bad a fake.
I wouldn't call a highly modified airliner the US's top bird. To find the top bird you would be better off looking for the latest Skunk Works prototype out at Dreamland.

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Interesting tid bit. Even though "W" almost always flies in the same aircraft, there really isn't a single Airforce One per se. The call sign is assigned to any aircraft that the President is currently occupying (edit: with the exception of Marine 1, when the President is in the Marine helicopter). There's lots of history and detail about the tradition out there, but thats the jist of it.

Last edited:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
tacticalsupply.com said:
Interesting tid bit. Even though "W" almost always flies in the same aircraft, there really isn't a single Airforce One per se. The call sign is assigned to any aircraft that the President is currently occupying. There is lots of history and detail about the tradition out there, but thats the jist of it.

That is true, unless it's the Marine Copter - then it's "Marine One" - but almost all the time it's one of TWO 747s

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
tacticalsupply.com said:
Interesting tid bit. Even though "W" almost always flies in the same aircraft, there really isn't a single Airforce One per se. The call sign is assigned to any aircraft that the President is currently occupying. There is lots of history and detail about the tradition out there, but thats the jist of it.

I object! There is Marine 1! :D

Larry

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course its fake! why would the guy do something that is punishable by law and then post a video on the net saying he did it? (besides glory of course)

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that someone painted a 747 to look like the real AF One just for this prank?

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Can't see that happening. I attended Embry Riddle Aeronautical University for a while. The college is situated on the north east end of the Daytona Beach International Airport. The college's aircraft ramp is connected right there via taxi way.

A day before the Prez arrived, a C5 arrived and we were all under the assumption that the motorcade was in there.

The next day, Secret Service Agents armed with Sniper Rifles where all walking around the roof of the terminal. I believe there were more on the ramp with semi-automatic rifles.

Most of the college students had scanners/ nav com handhelds/ or Ham Ht's and were listening to the air traffic control. It really gives you a patriotic feeling when you hear "Air Force One to Daytona Tower" "Air Force One, Cleared to Land Runway 7R" and then the huge blue bueaty breaks out of the clouds.

Anyways.. a lot of the college kids where standing on their cars to get a better view. The secret service was in contact with our campus security and had them send over officers to get the students off the cars or else they would be arrested. And this is over a mile away from where the plane was going to touch down. If they have that kind of radius or more on lockdown, and you can see the visibly armed CIA's. I can't even imagine how many were plain clothes/normal looking.

There's no way that graffiti is real.

EDIT: whoops.. Forgot to read the whole thread before posting :grin2: :grin2:

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
coldsolderjoint said:
. . .you can see the visibly armed CIA's.
:thinking:
I was thinking more of like Secret Service men. Well, it's a good thing that we left work earlier this afternoon before we were on "lock-down" due to the President taking off from the lot we were working. When we left, buses were positioned and blocked view from the road and "armed" personel were already roaming.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I set up a web site showing me taging the forehead of the Statue Of Liberty while wearing a JetPak I bet no one would believe it.
The likelyhood of that happening is about the same as the likelyhood of someone tagging Air Force One.

It's a very nice fake. A low level fake, for sure...but still, total fake, minutely fake?

MichiganMan

Enlightened
coldsolderjoint said:
Can't see that happening...

Sure it can. Don't you remember a few years back when a reporter got close enough to President Clinton and Hillary to shoot them with a video camera as they danced together on a remote beach, sans music it appeared, staring romantically into each others eyes? Remember? We were first made aware of the tapes existance by the White House's press secretary's outrage that such a private, loving moment between the President and his wife had been filmed, which had the effect of having the video shown across the world by every news outlet. Remember?

Now certainly an event where a person can get close enough to aim something at the first couple for at least several seconds and safely escape shows that the Secret Service is not on their toes. I mean otherwise one would have to believe that the romantic loving moment between the first couple was staged and the subsequent public outrage was a manipulation of the press. And that would just be sleazy.