L2P O-Ring

Kas

Newly Enlightened
I order a Fenix L2P last week from the Fenix Store. Should get here anytime next week. Cant wait! I have seen some people complaining about an o ring problem with it. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? What type of lubricant should I use?

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or alternatively - does anyone know if a replacement is available at the hardware store. and what size?

BTW - my L1P O ring was broken when it arrived, so it wasn't preventable. The replacement however doesn't interfere with the threads at all fits just fine. Doesn't seem like it should wear out soon or anything.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Both my L2P and L1P that I have came fairly well lubricated and had no problems with the o-rings. I've had both of them for less than 6 weeks, so I don't know if I just got lucky or it was more of a problem on earlier lights.

Kas, as far as lubricants go there are several answers and it seems most CPF members have their own preference. If you do some searches you will find a wealth of information. I have some of the Radio Shack Multi-Purpose Lube Gel, which is silicone based. I bought it because Peter Gransee recommended it, it was locally available, and it cost $1 for a fairly large tube (about the same size as an average toothpaste tube).

I would like to try some of the NyoGel product, but will wait until I buy something from one of the sites that carry it. If I just use the Radio Shack stuff I have on flashlights it should last for many, many years.