E2 Lock-out tailcap retrofit

brightnorm

Flashaholic
It's my understanding that there will be a retrofit Lock-out tailcap for the present E2, but I've heard conflicting views.

Anyone know for sure?

Brightnorm

Bucky

Enlightened
That is my understanding as well. If nothing else, I would guess as a replacement for the E2e in case something happens to the original.

What conflicting comments have you heard?

Maybe Paul will step in here and set us straight, but I really think it will be available.

Bucky

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Bucky,

I wish I could recall where I saw that on CPF. It may have just been someone expressing doubt without actually knowing. It raised a question in my mind.

Hopefully PK will clarify this. Perhaps the info already exists here or on the Surefire Forum. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to do some searching.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
I have an E2 and E2e sitting on my table.

Their tailcaps are totally interchangeable.

I cannot see any reason why the lockout tailcap to retrofit an E2 so that it has a lockout tailcap would not be available for ordering from the factory. As already mentioned, spare parts must be made available to service systems.

As you may recall, when lockout tailcaps were first introduced in the lastest generation of 6-volt and 9-volt series of handhelds, a retrofit lockout tailcap was and is available for the older "classic" series of handhelds (3P, 6P, 9P, 6Z, 9Z, 12PM/ZM etc.).

Respectfully,

Ken J. Good
Director of the SureFire Institute
http://surefiireinstitute.htm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken J. Good:
I have an E2 and E2e sitting on my table.

Their tailcaps are totally interchangeable.

I cannot see any reason why the lockout tailcap to retrofit an E2 so that it has a lockout tailcap would not be available for ordering from the factory. As already mentioned, spare parts must be made available to service systems.

As you may recall, when lockout tailcaps were first introduced in the lastest generation of 6-volt and 9-volt series of handhelds, a retrofit lockout tailcap was and is available for the older "classic" series of handhelds (3P, 6P, 9P, 6Z, 9Z, 12PM/ZM etc.).

Respectfully,

Ken J. Good
Director of the SureFire Institute
http://surefiireinstitute.htm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Ken,

That is good to know!

Best regards,
Brightnorm

Size15's

Flashaholic
Ken's writing about the Z41 LockOut TailCap (LOTC) - If you don't have a LOTC, and don't have another SureFire TailCap option (there are many) then you must get one. Seriously one of the best upgrades/evolutions you can make. As significant as the HOLA & SAS in my opinion.

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
Ken's writing about the Z41 LockOut TailCap (LOTC) - If you don't have a LOTC, and don't have another SureFire TailCap option (there are many) then you must get one. Seriously one of the best upgrades/evolutions you can make. As significant as the HOLA & SAS in my opinion.

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

In the meanwhile, I've been using the (in)famous E2 Lock Out BEZEL. This is remarkably convenient. Literally 1/8 turn completely locks it out though I recommend a full turn just to be safe. One of the great things about this arrangement is that you have the option of operating the flashlight in "conventional mode" rather than overhand "tac" mode.
The clip acts as a very comfortable and convenient thumb switch. Try it- you'll probably like it.

On the other hand, there's really nothing like a proper LO tailcap, and that's what I'll get.

PS I keep forgetting some of the abbreviations and I've forgotton what HOLA and SAS stand for.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOLA is high output lamp assembly. Dang if I know what SAS is. Maybe a Brit military unit or a Swiss Army thingie.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
SAS = Shock Isolation System.

Well, something like that, (Surefire Anti-shock System ?) I've forgotten exactly what the acronym stands for.
Whatever you call it, it works well.

S-R aka lightlover, also

Jahn
wink.gif