Replacement LED available for 18V light?

bergtho

Newly Enlightened
The DeWalt flashlight (DW919) I use is an 18V light and currently uses a Xenon light bulb. Does anyone know if there is a compatible LED (18V rated) that could be placed in this light for longer battery life and more durability?

bergtho

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the link, that was very informative. The LED shown emits an amazing amount of light. The price may be a bit high for some. I'm not as skilled a fabricator as others on here. It would be interesting to see the results if integrated into a work light. With the rough service they receive this LED may be a possible solution to frequent bulb changes.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Sorry for the heresy LED fans, but 18V just begs for a hotwire mod. Search for Mag85, and Mag100 on the incandescent forum. If you can keep the whole thing from melting, you can have 1000+ lumens!

The hotwire modders would love to use you as a guinea pig!

Bernie

wquiles

Flashaholic
This is how I "solved" that dilema ;)

It is of course a flood light, and my most useful and versatile given I cam aim the light at any angle I need/want :D

Will

bergtho

Newly Enlightened
Very useful information in that link. That is the same model light I use. The floodlight function seems more useful for this type of a light, moreso than a spotlight. What kind of runtime do you typically see from a charged 18V battery pack?