Pentagon L3

city cop

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Pentagon L3. Love it Love it Love it! Awsome fit and finish, superb Wide usable spill, Kinda like my KL4 on steroids. I guess the L2 is next. Damn! wear does it end ? :rock:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking about getting the head for a 3-cell HAIII Pentagonlight body that I have. I'd love to see some beamshots.

not2bright

Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
I've been thinking about getting the head for a 3-cell HAIII Pentagonlight body that I have. I'd love to see some beamshots.

KDOG3, weren't you just mentioning something about spending too much? :grin2:

I'm interested in the L3 as well, considering how good my PL L2 is.

city cop

Newly Enlightened
I'll get some beam shots of the L3, and compare them to some of the other lights.

shotgun

Newly Enlightened
My next 3-cell will be the PL L3. I simply love my PL L2. Great lights in their own right.

city cop

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick update to whom that may be interested. I couldn't be more happy with the L3. I most admit I'm a Surefire nut, and have just about eveyone of there lights. I carry two of them on duty every day and depend on them. They have never let me down. That said ! I like the L3 better then my L5/6P, in every way. I showed a friend of mine, who is a machinest, and knows nothing about lights, the L3 and a hand full of Surefire lights. He thought the L3 was built as good if not better! after seeing the fit and finish inside and out. Will it replace my Surefire M3 for CQC? No. But It takes alot for me to admit this light so far! is as good if not better then some of my compareable Surefires. Although I'm still crying and can't wait for the Kroma :grin2: Made In the good ol USA :goodjob: If it's made in China? it's not for me :thumbsdow

veleno

Enlightened
I'm very interested in this flashlight, are the 2 hours of battery life declared reliable? How much does it throw?

veleno

Enlightened
Thanks for the useful review, I already read it, but I don't find any consideration about the batteries life. SF L6 has a 1,5 hours of advertised high output, are the 2 hours of the L3 realistic?

Reading better that discussion, Bob said the L3 has a "marginally longer throw" than the Inova T4. The L3 seems a great flashlight!!

Last edited:

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
city cop said:
I just got my Pentagon L3. Love it Love it Love it! Awsome fit and finish, superb Wide usable spill, Kinda like my KL4 on steroids. I guess the L2 is next. Damn! wear does it end ? :rock:

city cop,

Thanks for the FYI.

I visited www.pentagonlight.com and noticed the X3, the Xenon version is cheaper ($109 vs. $149-$159) and brighter (135 vs. 75 lumens) but a bigger battery hog than the L3. The heads are interchangable.

Decisions, decisions,

Andy

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i must say, i am surprised that nobody has sent flashlightreviews any of these for testing.

-david

veleno

Enlightened
cheapo said:
i must say, i am surprised

Me too. Is the Pentagonlight so unpopular? There are no reviews in the well known websites...

I ordered the L3. :cool:

LED Cool

Enlightened
i am surprised too!!! have been looking for review of the full range of Pentagon Lights (Xenon and Luxeon). cannot find it in flashlightreview or LED Museum.

why is that? considering these lights have been out since when? 2005?

lets hope someone or Pentagon lights will send some popular models for review!

LED Cool

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
veleno said:
Me too. Is the Pentagonlight so unpopular? There are no reviews in the well known websites...

I ordered the L3. :cool:
Flashlight Reviews tests the lights that Craig (I think that's the guy's name) buys and the lights that people and companies send to him. If Pentagon hasn't sent him a light there's a good chance that he doesn't even know that they exist. If one of you guys that has one wants to loan him one I'm sure he'd post a test. Or maybe send Pentagon a link to his site and see if they're interested in sending him a light to review?
I've been looking at the L3 a lot lately too but I don't use my lights enough to justify spending that much on a light right now :( They've got a 19 led light rated at 30 lumens that runs on 2 123A's that looks interesting too.

Last edited:

ginaz

Enlightened
yes, you did the right thing. you are doing great! now send me all your money... ;)

shotgun

Newly Enlightened
Regarding your question on the L2... If we may digress a moment...

I reviewed the PL L2 in the review section of this forum. In the final analysis, I find the L2 very similar to the Pelican M6 LED. The L2 has a smaller hot spot and less brightness in the spill beam. The Pelican M6 has a bit bigger hot spot and brighter spill beam, but my backyard tests show the L2 has a touch more throw at distances. Also, I have not gotten as much runtime out of the Pelican M6 as the PL L2. I find both to be excellent lights that are almost interchangeable.

I hope this helps.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
bullinchinashop said:
Flashlight Reviews tests the lights that Craig (I think that's the guy's name) buys and the lights that people and companies send to him. If Pentagon hasn't sent him a light there's a good chance that he doesn't even know that they exist. If one of you guys that has one wants to loan him one I'm sure he'd post a test. Or maybe send Pentagon a link to his site and see if they're interested in sending him a light to review?

He knows (or did know) that Pentagonlight is around, last winter the X2 and X3 were listed on his requested light list but that changed when he came back from his break. Hopefully once PTS flashlights gets the line in stock they'll send some his way.

I'm pretty sure he no longer accepts lights on loan to review, but I could be wrong.