No more original UK 4AA eLED at Brightguy?

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the UK 4AA eLED light after seeing some good reviews buy a large number of CPF members. I was thinking if it for its runtime more than its brightness. When I looked at Brightguy's site, I did not see he original light everyone was talking about. They had the Zoom, MiniQ40 and fire light, but not the one reviewed at FR. Has it been discontinued?

Empath

Flashaholic
It looks like it's now called the "Zoom". They increased it to two watts, added focusing, and multiple modes.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that on the low setting, it has the same output and runtime of the original. The runtime is fantastic. The Zoom has the added option of a higher output setting.

The original is on my short list of favorite lights [note the star by this light in my sig line], and the light that is in my pocket right now. The downside of this new model is the extra $15, but since this light's output was occasionally too low, it's a good option to have.

Last edited:

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Zoom model has enjoyed a lukewarm reception.

Though more powerful, and with multiple modes, the "zoom" feature sounds iffy.

Since I like UK, I am still curious to try one.

Bob

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Empath's right. It looks like they are going more to the Zoom model.

Thanks for the link Nerdgineer, that's a good souce now......

I also just found them at defensedevices.com as well. They are 25.95....

Thanks for the responses everyone...looks like if we want one, we better "get em' while the gettin's still good". :grin2: