New Lights at Meijer

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ray-O-Vac has three new LED lights.

There appears to be a 1xAA, 3xAA and 6xAA...I think.

The 1 cell uses 2x5mm led's, the 3 cell uses 3 (I think--hey, I was in a hurry!), and the 6 cell uses 4+ LED's.

They boast some special optics technology, which looked like textured magnifying lenses. The package stated something about greater reach or throw.

The smallest was pretty large for a 1xAA, about the size of my TL-2 LED.
The largest was about the size of a 2d light.

All were black, aluminum (?), and the medium and larges had barrel clickies.

That is all I know!

Edit: here is the large one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSCPMQ/?tag=cpf0b6-20

more:
http://www.valuableshop.com/YVvj5G5CSpo6FwDQ4za8aQ==.aspx

Bob

Last edited:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of the 6 AA plastic/rubber ones at Meijer with 7 led's Neat little fresnel lenses over each led. A decent medium bright spot with a little spillage. It seems there is a stovepipe over each led inside to direct the light at the lens rather than at the diamond patterned reflector. Once I figure out how to crack it open I might remove the stovepipes.

Meijer now has the following:

7 Led x 6 AA in Aluminum and plastic
4 Led x 3 AA in Aluminum and plastic
2 Led x 1AA in Aluminum

Not all Meijer stores have all in stock. Prices range from $10 to $25

The aluminum looks sturdy enough the plastic has a gimmic belt clip on the rear so it can't stand on end and the clip is mostly useless. The tri-oval body fits my hand well. All have clickies in the standard Mag position. My clip is getting ground off shortly.

Light output is good but the lens shows the led wires at most ranges. I think they have the China made led's Upgrading to better leds would help the brightness level without hotrodding. I measured the voltage on the 6 cell holder and if I remember it is two three cell adapters in series for some odd reason. I will have to dig it out and check again. It struck me odd that they would do that rather than do a parallel setup for more runtime.