I was almost swarm attack by teenagers tonight !!

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was almost swarm attacked by 3 teenage kids tonight as I left subway. I was walking off the pedestrian overpass and proceed across apartment complex polium. 3 youths about 16-17yrs old were walking towad my direction from different apartment. One of them suddently rush me kick me on the shin. The other 2 kids also rush me. I point the tip of umbrella toward them as defensive weapon. It was raining today thus I carried umbrella.

I ran to a nearby restaurant and ask owner to call the cops. they record the incident. I know these kids live in nearby apartment. I will camp out to check out all the kids in day time.

I thought I was going to get into a dam serious fight tonight. !! I am going to carry the heavy duty pila flashlight as weapon next time. I forgot to carry my gladius tonight for some reason. :rant: I could have use the flash feature of gladius. I am mad as hell. I know the kids live in these area for sure. I will camp out in the area to check out the kids and photograph them with my digital cam.

Last edited by a moderator:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
tthere folksd should be jailed along side there waste a space kids

TorchMan

Enlightened
I'm glad it worked out okay, that you're not injured. I hope the police catch them, since one hit you I would imagine violence charges would be filed.

On the lighter side: That's when you whip out your type I phaser, set to area stun!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have anything against flashlights, but you're gonna need more than a Pila or Gladius in a fight. Find out what's legal in your neck of the woods.

magic79

Enlightened
What is up with kids these days? No one I grew up with would have ever even thought of such a thing. Even my son's peers (he's 27) would not have done something like this. Very distressing.

However...picard, I think you had a fine weapon this evening. Find yourself the most sturdy umbrella available and carry that; it is more formidable than a flashlight.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its called my Spyderco knife, and a e2l. (My E2l will hurt most people's eyes even in the middle of the day!)

I am 18, and I personally dont understand this irrational behavior of the current youth.

I am happy that you didnt get injured.

-tom

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had my phaser, I would set to high setting and vaporize their legs. they won't be able to escape.

I will find these kids for sure. I know where they live:xyxgun:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with magic79. You were reasonably well armed with your umbrella. That or a sturdy walking stick/cane are great urban defensive weapons in an environment where defending yourself is practically a crime. A stick and a few stick-fighting lessons might be worthwhile.

Per my Army unarmed combat instructor "Never carry a knife to a stickfight".

raggie33

*the raggedier*
aaany one recall that guy who shots them people on the bus cause they threanteeed him?it was a big story years ago natanal news

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you are ok. Please post again when the kids are caught...want to enjoy the consequences vicariously. Best of luck.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you mean Bernhard Goetz? he shot a few kids with a handgun who were trying to rob him at screwdriver point (I think it was), but it was on the NY subway, right in my backyard at the time...

he stood over one that was down, and shot him again..that wasn't so good..
whataya gonna do?

I suggest the 9ookv SmallFry stungun..

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, I think you're remembering Bernie Goetz who capped several bad guys on a NY subway.

If I remember correctly, he was finally convicted of carrying the weapon, not of shooting the bg's. Think he lost big on the civil side tho.

I contributed to his defense fund -- some called it the"Buy More Bullets for Bernie" fund.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
TedTheLed said:
do you mean Bernhard Goetz? he shot a few kids with a handgun who were trying to rob him at screwdriver point (I think it was), but it was on the NY subway, right in my backyard at the time...

he stood over one that was down, and shot him again..that wasn't so good..
whataya gonna do?

I suggest the 9ookv SmallFry stungun..
thats him i dont know what to think of it a screw driver can kill ya.i think its a bad sitaion anyways it would of went

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
TAKE SELF DEFENCE CLASSES. Then, when they come up to you, do a jackie chan on the btchs!!! They wont even know what hit them. Also, i would carry a knife on you; not to kill, but to fend them off.

-David

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
cheapo said:
..... Also, i would carry a knife on you; not to kill, but to fend them off.

-David

There's one thing my father told me over 30-years ago, that I've abided by all of this time and that is never ever lift a knife or gun to someone, unless you have intentions of using it. If it gets to the point where you raise the knife to protect yourself, you damn well better induce injuries to the perpetrator.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
can I carry the leatherman Ti charge tool as weapon? It has sharp point plier. I have to carry something other than my tactical knife or a gun. This is Canada eh. owning hand gun is illegal eh. :rock:

Latest posts