Lux V or K2?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last week I got to handle and temporarily use a SF L2. What a nice light! Can it use LiIons? Is there anything that compares to the two-level, small, L2?

Will the Lux V continue to offer superior flood and quantity of light to the new K2? How does efficiency compare?

Thanks much for any feedback.

flash

Newly Enlightened
I wonder when they'll put k2 technology into making Lux V's...then that way you can have both.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A K2 will be more comparable to a Lux III--i.e. plenty of throw and effeciency. They won't have the flood of a lux V, though. An L4 with a McGizmo two stage tail cap compares well with the L2.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lux V or?

The Lux V has a much shorter service life than the K2 when both driven
at their maximun rated power

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam preference is a very personal / use sensitive item, but I am starting to really like the Lux Vs. I have K2 samples, and they are nice, but a Lux V is a heck of an LED.

Last edited:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lux V should continue to be a good choice for closer, flood type, task lighting - correct?

The L2 certainly impressed me. Any other recommendations for a two or more level Lux V light of comparable output and beamspread? Anything new on the horizon as I'd hate spending an L2 level of money only to have it superceeded shortly after.

Thanks again.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
jayflash said:
Any other recommendations for a two or more level Lux V light of comparable output and beamspread? Anything new on the horizon as I'd hate spending an L2 level of money only to have it superceeded shortly after.

Thanks again.

SureFire U2 :D

6 levels of different output, SureFire Quality, Type III anodize, pocket clip.

'nuff said.