Fenix head swap

Thermalarc

Newly Enlightened
My apologies, I did some searching and still came up a bit confused.

1) Are the L1P and L2P heads the same? Same electronics?

2) What are the advantages to running the L2P head on the L1P?

3) Who does the best mods on these things? Miller Mods?

Thanks to all in advance,

Donny

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thermalarc said:
My apologies, I did some searching and still came up a bit confused.

1) Are the L1P and L2P heads the same? Same electronics?

They are different. L1P head is made for 1.5V and has a voltage boost circuit. L2P head is made for 3 V and has a current regulator circuit. However, the L2P head works also with only 1.5V input and since it's regulator circuit is better than the L1P circuit, you will get a longer runtime on 1 cell with the L2P head than the L1P head.

Thermalarc said:
2) What are the advantages to running the L2P head on the L1P?

See above : longer runtime. See the runtime charts : http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1328295&postcount=1

Thermalarc said:
3) Who does the best mods on these things? Miller Mods?

I have MillerMods modifications and they work great :) I can really advise them to anyone who wants to mod his Fenix.

Thermalarc said:
Thanks to all in advance,

Donny
No problemo :)

Last edited:

jlomein

Enlightened
btw, in the link you posted, it had pics for how to identify which head is which. However, mine are different and much easier to identify. On the green circuit board parts when you take the head off, on mine it either says "L1" for an L1P head, or "L2" for an L2P head....pretty straight forward.

txaggiechl

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, my new L1P only has "L1" on the circuit board, and the new L2P doesn't have anything printed.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenixes don't have anything printed on the boards. Mine are at least 3 months old, so maybe it's only with the most recent ones?