Use this Logic to purchase your next expensive product………

faco

Enlightened
You have a product in mind and you know you don't need it......... YOU JUST WANT IT ! ................ Let me help with this example………

$279 divided by 365 (days) = 76 cents/day and after 1 year it's FREE
smile.gif
Don't blame me if you end up spending money on things you don't need, BUT if you really WANT IT consider it
sold.gif
:) :) :)

Use this Logic wisely if possible :rock:

faco

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only trouble with this logic is whether you're "saving ahead" or "paying off behind" your 76 cents a day. Saving ahead is just fine, but after a few impulse purchases, your "paying off behind" daily charge can sneak up on you big time.

Of course, we're all here primarily because we all have such EXCELLENT impulse control...(Look, look, they dropped the price of the Propoly by TWO DOLLARS over at...).

2dim

Enlightened
Here's another way to look at it: putting away less than a dollar every day, into a simple compound interest savings account, will allow you to retire a millionaire at the least, if started in your youth. Trick is, of course, to persist and avoid touching the balance as it continues to grow. I've found that considering what can be bought, if I so choose, to be more enjoyable in the long term than impulse purchases I'll quickly grow tired of. After all, impulsivity is only encouraged by acting on it. May seem fine when young and earning, but we all grow old and sh*t happens...savings can equal security and often freedom, too. Both are priceless, compared to simply more stuff. Sorry for the bummer, but such is my personal reality at present, and no I don't mean the 'millionaire' part. More like facing the consequences of a misspent youth...

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I'm saving for something, say oh, flashlights for instance, I empty my wallet each day of all the single dollar bills and set them aside. It adds up pretty quickly.