Do maglite make a 1AA light?

not2bright

Enlightened
Does it come with a holster?

The packaging says "1 AA Holster Combo Pack".

Now for the usual questions, how much was it, how bright is it, and where did you get it?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The packaging looks a little suspect, as the retail MAG products in the U.S. use heat sealed packaging. Additionally, the fact that MAG doesn't list a 1AA product like this in their product offerings and the $2 pricing would kind of lead me to suspect that it may be a counterfeit product.

KAM said:
Because i just bought one:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a rip off to me,

On the brightside you may be able to run a 14500 Li-ion in there with a Sammie or a MJLED.

Dont know if the MJLED will survive 4,2V but its worth a Try :D

Benny

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also there seems to be no lettering around the head (?)

No knurling on the barrel?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maglite on top is a Cutdown Mini Mag from Ledean. Its uses a 14500 Lithium Battery with a Mad Max Nexgen 750ma Sandwich from teh Sandwich Shoppe.

This light is VERY BRIGHT!

The Maglite on the Bottom is a CR2 Cutdown from Ledean. It also uses a Mad Max Nexgen 750ma Sandwich. This light is also VERY BRIGHT!

dsc02112small9or.jpg

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
ernsanada said:
The Maglite on top is a Cutdown Mini Mag from Ledean. Its uses a 14500 Lithium Battery with a Mad Max Nexgen 750ma Sandwich from teh Sandwich Shoppe.

This light is VERY BRIGHT!
They must also get pretty hot? I have a similar setup but with a NG500 and the light gets toasty fairly rapidly.

Last edited:

farmall

Enlightened
Is there a part number on the back of the package? I would really like to see a photo of the back.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely looks like a fake, but to be sure, that photo can be forwarded to Maglite with questions regarding it's authenticity and/or where they can be purchased.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
KAM said:
Nope no holster

Cost me 100 rupees and i got on my recent holiday to india

Its made in USA (Ulhasnagar Sindhi Association) ... 'industrial' area near Mumbai.. where you will get any thing ... cloned in 6 days flat...

you could buy this in Mumbai Local trains for Rupees 10 ... and Railway Platforms (like Victoria Terminius) CST for Rupees 100 ...

Be careful when you buy anything like this in India... 99.9 % chances are they are either made in 'China' or made in "USA"

greenLED

Flashaholic
From an e-mail where I asked whether it was a ram or what on their logo.
Maglite CS said:
The logo is actually a panther's head. The panther is a symbol of an animal of the night and it's sleek power best represents our line of flashlights.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! That's very informative. Didn't know that there was counterfeit manufacturing in India.

ViReN said:
Its made in USA (Ulhasnagar Sindhi Association) ... 'industrial' area near Mumbai.. where you will get any thing ... cloned in 6 days flat...

you could buy this in Mumbai Local trains for Rupees 10 ... and Railway Platforms (like Victoria Terminius) CST for Rupees 100 ...

Be careful when you buy anything like this in India... 99.9 % chances are they are either made in 'China' or made in "USA"