Review the Latest Movie You Have Seen

drizzle

Enlightened
Share your thoughts on the movie you last watched, whether it was in the theater, on DVD or Tape, or on TV.

I'm hoping this will be a little more focused than a general "favorite movies" type of thread, and like the "What are you listening to?" thread will allow new additions as you see more movies.

Here's mine:

Bulletproof Monk (on DVD)
Starring: Chow Yun-Fat, Seann William Scott, Jaime King

This is an East meets West meets left-over Nazi action movie. It starts during World War 2 with a Nazi attack on the Temple that houses a scroll of ultimate power that is guarded by Chow. Then it flashes forward to the streets and subways of New York City. Seann William Scott is a pickpocket working the subway who gets involved with Chow and with Jaime King who is a gang-leader's girl. Chow is running from some shadowy group while Scott is running from the gang when they get thrown together. Add in a prophecy that will determine the monk to take over from Chow. It begins to look like Scott is fulfilling that prophecy.

But the story is secondary as are the characters. The action is what keeps it going.

This movie does a good job of blending Kung-Fu special effects with action scenes and just enough of a story to keep your interest. Chow Yun-Fat does a good job acting and the others are pretty good. The pace is kept fast and mostly allows you to forget about the shallow characters and lack of realism.

I enjoyed the movie and would recommend it.