UX1K 900ma PR-T Vs. CM's Modded SF KL-1 Pics!!!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

Just recieved one of CM's modified KL-1's and I am very impressed at the results, he does extraordinary work on the surefire led bezels. THANK YOU CRIS!!!

:goodjob:

I was one of the lucky few to send him a KL-1 to be modified by doing a biasing mod he offered in this thread.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114927

Unfortunately those KL-1 heads are very well glued, Cris had a terrible time getting into the circuit board and had to close the offering, he did manage to do my light and want to share with you his amazing work.

On the left is a McGizmo made PR-T using Mc 27mm reflector and a UX1K emmiter set at 900 ma in a Wiz 2 E-Can, on the right is CM modded SF KL-1, a stock T bin lux 3 with the circuit board modded to get around 750 ma. to the lux 3 led (Pulling around 830ma from the battery) Both are being powered by AW protected 17670 batteries 1600mah capacity.

Now the picture, it was taken at 12 feet from the wall with no other source of light.

The PR-T is the winner, has a more concentrated spot with a useful corona, but the KL-1 is holding its own against the custom throw monster, it has very little sidespill and a square hotspot that is just different to the conventional circle of light, I like it! The tint of this particular KL-1 is white with a very slight tint of blue, the PR-T is white with a very slight tint of green, both are great lights, both are keepers. CM stated that this particular KL-1 is puting out 2900 lux (In stock form it was doing 1900 lux) Any idea of How many lumens is that?

Hope you like the little review and all credit goes to CM for the great mod.

Thanks Cris!

AlexGT

Luna

Enlightened
CM stated that this particular KL-1 is puting out 2900 lux (In stock form it was doing 1900 lux) Any idea of How many lumens is that?

40ish.