which red laser?

m00n5hin3r

Newly Enlightened
I just recently purchased a red laser off ebay and it doesn't look like it can be easily modded since it only looks like it has one "DEE" resistor(?) on it. I was wondering which brand/type of RED lasers is the easiest to mod or how i would go about modding the one i have.

laser-007.jpg

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want to mod a RED laser?? The majority of reds that are modded simply have a pot to turn, but they're generally not going to get too much better than they come..

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
All red laser pointers use a directly-injected laser diode; and many of them are already operating close to their upper maximum...there's a high likelihood of your ending up with something to feed the hungry, hungry garbage can if you attempt to modify it.

Just my 2¢ here; individual results may vary.

jkaiser3000

Enlightened
DEE resistor?, you mean 330 resistor, I think :whistle:. That means it's using a 33 ohm resistor to limit current reaching the diode. Red pointers are not easily moddable, all you can really do is to use one extra battery (3 instead of two, for example, if space allows it), or you could change the resistor with a lower value one, you may want to try a 220 resistor (22 ohms) or something similar. But in the end, you're very likely to end up with an expensive battery holder.