sandisk vs creative labs mp3 players flash memeory sony added to the act

raggie33

*the raggedier*
which are better? i need something very cheap and i want great loud sound i would like radio and voice recording the sandisk is like 80 for a 1 gig player the crative labds zen nano plus has a smaler size i cant make up my mindi dont have the money saved yet anyways but im working on it hmmn looking at the sony now to man the sony players have awesume battery life

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: sandisk vs creative labs mp3 players flash memeory

Raggie, I have the Sandisk Sansa e140 (1 gig) It does not have voice recording capability, but it does have an FM radio. I like the expandable memory using SD cards. I'm very happy with it. The ear buds or headphones you use will greatly affect the sound quality. Mine seems sufficienty loud. The built in EQ helps a bit, too.
I can't comment on the Zen Nano. I've never used one.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i do like expandable memory i am concered thats it may not be compatable with the lower no name memory.but it would be cool to have a few cards with diff type a music on them i see the price of sd memory droping real soon would be awesume to pick up spare gig cards for 10 bucks

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

As long as the memory card is an SD card, it should work. Unless the no name brands are unreliable for some reason. It should be compatible, though.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

that player is way smaller then it loos by the picture snadisk uses thay make it look way better then a regler ipod but i used a ruler and made a peace a paper the same size.they should put something to give the playter scale

I have a Sandisk m200 series and it is ok. It doesn't have much functions and its hard to browse through the music you have. If you want to program the playing order, you have to do it on the playlist on your computer and upload to it.

There is voice recording function, but unless you are recording yourself to make a note to yourself, it doesn't really work worth a poop.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

well i found the 2 gig sandisk player with out sd slot for 85 bucks im thinking thats a decent price but im not sure if the pricce is legit i found it at fat walet the 1 gig one that has sd slot was 72 bucks.both a tad high right now but there easly to save for and by the time i save they will drop more

raggie33

*the raggedier*

ps can y browse ya songs while listening to a another song on the sandisk or zen?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

Creative players are pretty much known to be superior in sound quality both in the hard disk versions (compared to an iPod) and in the flash player market, but then the company has been in the sound business and nothing but for almost all of it's existence. And I think Creative is one of the few companies that even lists their S/N ratios.

I've tried iPods, Archos, Rios, Creative, and a few obsure brand names of MP3 players in both hard drive and flash and find myself going back to the Creative players everytime.