Hockey Fans?

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
What team are you guys rooting for?

My hometeam is the Sabres and wow what a game last night to put us 2-0 in the series. It was the dirtiest game ive ever seen, Philly got 61 min of penalties in 60 min of game.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/recaps/142_3_recap.html

" Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock took offense to Ruff's description after the Flyers took 17 penalties, including Denis Gauthier's ejection and Ben Eager's two misconducts when the play deteriorated as the Sabres built a 5-0 first-period lead."

" J.P. Dumont and Jason Pominville each had three goals and an assist for Buffalo. It was the eighth time in NHL history two players on the same team netted hat tricks in a playoff game and the first time Buffalo has done it."

"The Sabres, who needed 58 shots to beat Philadelphia 3-2 in double overtime Saturday, scored twice on their first three shots and needed only 12 shots to build a 6-1 lead on Dumont's third goal midway through the second period. The eight goals were the most since Buffalo's 8-0 series-clinching win over Philadelphia in 2001."

"Esche's frustrations spilled over 16 minutes into the first period when he dropped his gloves and challenged Buffalo's Derek Roy and Toni Lydman to fight. Sabres fans then rubbed it in, chanting "USA! USA! in a a poke at Esche, who was chosen ahead of Buffalo rookie Ryan Miller to represent the United States in the Turin Olympics in February."

They were still pissed at the hit Campbell made on Umberger the previous game, which can be found at http://hockeyfights.com/videos/
(click Campbell checks Umberger)

Lets hear your opinions

zulu45

Enlightened
I'm a pretty big hockey fan. As for my favorite team... well... (points to avatar). I like watching all games, though, but the Predators are my favorite. Next, I'm a fan of the Mighty Ducks and the Rangers.

scuba

Enlightened
Ha ha...unfortunately not in the last years though. I live in Montreal and can't wait for tomorrow night's crazyness downtown!

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a long time since '93. My Canadiens' sweatshirt from that year is long since worn out. Though my '89 Riders Grey Cup sweatshirt is still in one piece. I guess I wore the Habs one more.

Greg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Go SHARKS! ! ! :huh:

Well, I'm not a hockey person, but have been to one (1) Sharks game just see what all the hooplah's about. I enjoyed it very much!

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
hate the rangers! devils are boring, my islanders are a few years away! so, i'll root for the sabres! although the hurricanes have the former islanders coach! and i do have the laviolette bobble head when he was with the islanders! so either team i will root for. but realistically, i think ottowa or detroit will probably end up in the finals. with jersey a close third choice.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go Redwings !!!

Lots of good teams out there, but Detroit is the one I grew up watching, nothing like Detroit in the midst of Lord Stanley's Cup playoffs, and now we have the Pistons going at the same time too boot.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I am not a fan but a few years back I went to a "RiverKings" game. I think its a semi pro team out of Memphis but they actullay play in SouthHaven Mississippi. I had a blast my wife and son had a blast. I tried watching the "Pros" on TV after going but it is just not the same as seeing a game live.
More fun than baseball for me. Everyone should try to go see at least one game even if its not the "Pros" good clean fun kinda hard to find these days.
Topper :)

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm rooting for the Sabres as a "local team" during the first round because they really worked hard to earn their spot but in the end I'd like to see Ottawa meet Detroit for the cup.
Seeing Montreal do well would be a pleasant trip down memory lane.

Malpaso

Enlightened
I was rooting for Boston College, but they lost a tough one to Wisconsin.

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
rscanady said:
I am rooting for the Stars but it doesnt look good right now. :(

Ryan

Stars :xyxgun:

Hopefully you guys know why i hate the Stars so much

I still dont understand why people underestimate my team. We just defeated Philly 8-2 in a playoff game. We beat the Canes 4-0 in our final game. We had 2 shutouts in a row by 2 different goalies, the other against Toronto 6-0. We are in the top 3 in powerplay goals and penalty killing. Nobody seems to think we are going to the finals and i will be very angry if go on to win the series and ESPN says that it was dumb luck like they said the first game and quickly changed their minds after our blow out.

ATVMan

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 'canes never won one, they deserve it! milbury's a loser for letting laviolette, peca and torres go! they're all in the finals and milbury is still vp for the islanders.
now that laviolette is going to be a free agent next year and the islanders already got a new coach and gm. both ny'ers. former ranger gm neil smith, and former sabres coach ted nolan, maybe charles wang should return milbury to boston!

hate the oilers, especially after they knocked off my team in '84!