WriteRight and Carley Xenon in a 3D Mag

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I finally picked up some of the WriteRight film for the lens of my 3D maglight.This stuff really works great for cleaning up the beam,but i found something else strange...
When focused down tightly the bright spot is shaped just like a plus sign.(+)As I unfocus the light it becomes 5 bright spots.One at each tip of the plus sign and one where the the x crosses.Has anyone else noticed this?I think it has something to do with the lensing on the end of the Carley bulb.If I unfocus more it begins to look more like the beam on my Brinkman LX.When focused down tight, the beam is extremely bright.It shows up in the bright spot of the LX when both are shone on a white wall.WrightRight is good stuff!
troy

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>When focused down tightly the bright spot is shaped just like a plus sign.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. It's the effect of the diffusing pattern in the writeright. I notice it and I don't have a Carley bulb, but the beam quality is still better than without it IMHO.

Latest posts