Fenix L2P Not Working?

Kas

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Fenix in the mail. So I opened the back, out in two AA Noma 2300MAh 1.5v batteries, re attatched the cap, and pressed the buttons. Nothing. So I checked the postive and negtive sides. Everything was right postive going first. Still no go, so I tried a different set of batteries, same result. Is there anything I am totaly overlooking?

not2bright

Enlightened
Make sure the head and tail (switch) are both good and tight. Inspect the spring in the tail cap.

The head on one of my L1P was loose upon arrival and it flickered like crazy when I first fired it up. I thought i got a dud, but after a little tightening all has been good.

Are you sure those NiMh are charged? :grin2:

Kas

Newly Enlightened
I used all my strength to make sure they are tight. Still no go. And yes they are charged. :lolsign: I also tried a completey different set of batteries with the same result.

Kas

Newly Enlightened
Got it to work! I took of the head cap and cleaned off the oil? from the metal contact. Works perfectly now! Whoo, Im happy.

not2bright

Enlightened
Have you tried shorting across the negative (bottom) of the AA to the exposed aluminium just above the threads?

This would let you know if the switch is bad.

not2bright

Enlightened
Kas said:
Got it to work! I took of the head cap and cleaned off the oil? from the metal contact. Works perfectly now! Whoo, Im happy.

Never mind my last post.

On my third reply I was planning to suggest removing the head and cleaning off any oil. :whistle:

Kas

Newly Enlightened
:goodjob:

Thanks for the help! Its an amazing flashlight.