Looking For 1/2 & 1 Watt Leds

Spin

Enlightened
I'm looking for 1/2 & 1 watt white output Leds that can be powered by two aa alkaline batteries. Runtime 2 hours minimum. Because of the situation i cannot use any regulation or resistors. Any suggestions as to the type & where i can purchase the above would be appreciated. I live in the U.S.

Last edited:

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
There are very few (if any) 1/2 watt or 1 watt LEDs that can be DD'ed off two aa alkies. You'd need a VERY low Vf LED.
I don't know the wattage, but SMJLEDs work great off of 2 alkies. You can get them from lambda (BST) and tritium (groupbuys)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
An H-bin Lux3 might work for you. At 3V, you won't have much current, but it should still provide a good amount of light (more than a 0.5W and possibly even more than an SMJLED).

Tritium

Enlightened
Spin said:
I'm looking for 1/2 & 1 watt white output Leds that can be powered by two aa alkaline batteries. Runtime 2 hours minimum. Because of the situation i cannot use any regulation or resistors. Any suggestions as to the type & where i can purchase the above would be appreciated. I live in the U.S.

See my GB here for 1/2 watt leds that will direct drive from 2 AAA's or 2 AA's.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/113761

Thurmond