Smallest 2c or 2D flashlight for a SMJLED?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I just had a power outage and the SMJLED proved itself very useful with it's long runtime and decent output.

I currently have it installed in a 2C mag that is about to become a ROP LE, I'm only waiting on the rest of the parts to arrive to do the conversion.

But this little led is very nice and want to find it a good host to put it. I want the smallest 2C or 2D (Best for runtime) light I can find with a decent reflector and waterproof, don't want to break the bank either.

What can I use?

Thanks!
AlexGT

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right, didn't notice this was incandescent, can a helpful moderator move this?

Thanks!
AlexGT

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of mine in a 2AA Garrity from Walmart for $4. Faceted reflector gives a very nice beam. There is also a nearly identical 2D version.

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
DonShock said:
I have one of mine in a 2AA Garrity from Walmart for $4. Faceted reflector gives a very nice beam.

That is what I have mine installed in as well. It gives a very nice beam with a pretty decent hotspot and nice flood as well.
You can install it into an 84 cent rayovac from Walmart. It has a tighter/brighter hotspot, but the spill is much less than the $4 garrity.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any pics of said light? I seen a large head garrity light with rubber goosebumps on the handle, is that the one?

Thanks!
AlexGT

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah Alex that's it. I bought a yellow one so it would be easier to find in my glovebox of my car. I think there is a black/red one as well.

I cut the rubber lanyard on the bottom and then you can just pull the rest of it out the hole.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't gone to walmart yet but found the Energizer quick switch for $6 at Walgreens, it can accomodate 2AA, 2C or 2D cells, The beam looks good!

Thanks!
AlexGT