Saw a Surefire ad in a magazine today...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Walgreens looking around today and was flipping thru a Popular Science magazine when low and behold a page with an E2e on it next to a shotgun shell with the sentence 'You can take care of one hyena or 20 -you call' at the top of the page. Then it gave that hyena story thats' on the Surefire website. I was blown away. Thats' the first time I've seen anything about Surefire outside of their catalogs. Any of you seen it yet?

carrot

Flashaholic
Surefire has advertised in Popular Science for quite a while now... I'd say their advertisements are effective, since I ended up here after seeing an ad for the A2.

greenLED

Flashaholic
OrangeOne said:
I'd say their advertisements are effective, since I ended up here after seeing an ad for the A2.
"Go ahead, punk, make my night" (on the M6 ad).

Yeah, between those ads and carrot, now I want an A2 as well. :crazy:

Razor

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, Surefire's been at it for a while now with Popular Science. I distinctively remember seeing one of their ads at least a year ago with one of their lights overlayed across the sun, and the caption, "Our closest competitor is 9.3 million miles away".

Of course, that ad at the time looked like a full-page "informercial" ad that you find a lot of towards the back of the magazine; certainly no the svelt eyecatchers they use today.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
Surefire has advertised in Popular Science for quite a while now... I'd say their advertisements are effective, since I ended up here after seeing an ad for the A2.

Exactly how I got here.. :)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ads must work, because back when I owned a Surefire (L2), only two people recognized it as such.

One said "Is that a Surefire", a bit incrediously, supprised that I paid that much for one. He'd seen them in PS, and being a pizza delivery driver, he was interested, until he looked them up and saw the price.

The other merely said "Is that one of those in Popular Science?" He'd looked them up too, but balked at the price.

The irony is that the former now carries a Fenix L1P, previously an Inova T1 and X1. For what he's spent on other flashlights, he could have gotten a Surefire.

Lucero

Enlightened
Yep. SF ad in PS took me to their site, then to FlashlightReviews.com and then here, ISO a lower cost approach. This was just a month ago .. .. .. Now, I find myself in danger of eclipsing the cost of a great light from SF, yet will have three functional stunners.

Many Thanks to everyone here.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
They must throw tons of product at gun rag editors too, because you simply cannot open a centerfold "glamour shot" without seeing a Surefire product in a prominent location.