Comparing Some small flashlights Mag-Inova-ARCclone

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy some staff for make a mod in a Solitaire, then i buy some small flashlights for increse my collection... So i leave here some pics...

Solitaire Mod 3mm with 3.6 baterie size AAA

Inova X1

ARCclone

CompareAA-AAA.jpg

Haz

Enlightened
Nice pics ChangChung, looking at the Solitaire Mod with the 3.6v battery, it actually looks quite dim, compared to the ARC Clone. I would expect something brighter

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
Changchung,

What value of 3mm LED did you use for the Solitaire conversion?

I used a 3200mcd in mine (the only white LED available from my local electronics store), with an A23 12v battery, and a 680ohm resistor. My Solitaire is a bit brighter than yours. I think with a higher value LED, we'd both approach the brightness of the ARC clone at the very least.
Wayne

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
My too, i am used a 3mm Led who send a seller some time ago, the problem with this one i think is the led is like wide angle... maybe 45°, i am thinking buy some white leds 3mm from Ebay, i see a sale with 18000mcd 3mm Leds... i hope...

Haz said:
Nice pics ChangChung, looking at the Solitaire Mod with the 3.6v battery, it actually looks quite dim, compared to the ARC Clone. I would expect something brighter

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont realy know... i have a couples of then for long time ago, maybe 2 years, for this case i think is not very brightness, i want to get some new, do you kniow some item maybe Ebay already test???

You can put a smaller resistor in your mod, 420ohm

270ohm 9 volts
420ohm 12 volts
540ohm 14.4 volts

lightningbug said:
Changchung,

I used a 3200mcd in mine (the only white LED available from my local electronics store), with an A23 12v battery, and a 680ohm resistor. My Solitaire is a bit brighter than yours. I think with a higher value LED, we'd both approach the brightness of the ARC clone at the very least.
Wayne

Newly Enlightened
lightningbug said:
Changchung,

Wayne

I understand from reading here http://www.flashlightreviews.com/mods/solitaire2.htm
you can open up that battery and you'll find 8 1.5v button batteries (LR932) you could use 3 of them and a short piece of aluminum rod as a spacer and not need the resistor at all.
I've just bought some 3mm 17000mcd led's off ebay, when they get here I'll let you know how well they work with this mod...

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, let me know about this 3mm Leds and let me know the seller... Thanks

91101 said:
I understand from reading here http://www.flashlightreviews.com/mods/solitaire2.htm
you can open up that battery and you'll find 8 1.5v button batteries (LR932) you could use 3 of them and a short piece of aluminum rod as a spacer and not need the resistor at all.
I've just bought some 3mm 17000mcd led's off ebay, when they get here I'll let you know how well they work with this mod...

Newly Enlightened
Changchung said:
Please, let me know about this 3mm Leds and let me know the seller... Thanks

Well they just showed up... The led is pretty bright. I'm not sure I like the result in the solitaire though. The beam is not focusable and is pretty wide and soft. I guess it's a improvement on the original bulb. For the money it's not bad.

Mike

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, the Led what i have is like this too, is wide, maybe is normal in 3mm Leds... But i am happy whit it... For the moment...

91101 said:
Well they just showed up... The led is pretty bright. I'm not sure I like the result in the solitaire though. The beam is not focusable and is pretty wide and soft. I guess it's a improvement on the original bulb. For the money it's not bad.

Mike