C cell driving fenix L2P?

connortn

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have an ideal of what you could expect by using the L2P head converted to fit in a 2C cell flashlight? I'm sure the outputwould be the same but what about when using good non-recargables in it for runtime? Have not saw any lithium C cells but it can't be too long before they hit the market can it?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to me that it would entirely defeat it's intended purpose of being a small compact lighting instrument. There are already C cell lights with larger reflectors that can better utilize the capabilities of the Luxeon and Luxeon 3 emitters.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L2p ckt would do very well with one or two c cells as far as runtime goes It would make a good candle with the right adapter and diffuser.
C:grin2:

connortn

Newly Enlightened
What I had in mind was to mod an old vintage flashlight from about the '40's to use and LED and the Fenix gets such a good run time with good lumens that I concidered using the circuit out of it. I like the looks of some of these old lights but want to update one to today's lights. Most of them are not very valuable so I'm not worried about that. I could try one of samwhich shops pills and find a decient reflector but don't know which ones would be similar to the L2P.

Tritium

Enlightened
connortn said:
What I had in mind was to mod an old vintage flashlight from about the '40's to use and LED and the Fenix gets such a good run time with good lumens that I concidered using the circuit out of it. I like the looks of some of these old lights but want to update one to today's lights. Most of them are not very valuable so I'm not worried about that. I could try one of samwhich shops pills and find a decient reflector but don't know which ones would be similar to the L2P.

Miller Mods is selling Stock fenix L1P boards pulled from lights he has modded for $10 ea. in quantity of 3 or more. $12 ea for singles. I don't know if he has any L2P boards but it might be worth asking so you don't have to use a working light for parts.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/112328

Thurmond

connortn

Newly Enlightened
Thurmond:

Thanks for the tip. I PM'ed MillerMod to see if he has any. I think this will be a nice nostalgic very usable LED flashlight. I'm checking around trying to find a real nice 2C cell Winchester or Eveready from the late 30's or 40's. I'll post a pic of one as soon as I get permission from the author of the photo.

Connortn

connortn

Newly Enlightened
Here is a photo of the flashlight I have in mind for modding an L2P circuit from MillerMods in to. It's a 1940's Winchester 2D cell. I'm looking for a 2C cell version of it for the mod. If anyone has information as to where to locate one I'd be very thankful. I check ebay every day so maybe one will show up there.

I used the image as an avatar also:

Winchesterflashlight.JPG

wwglen

Enlightened
I have a MicroPuck 400mA driver circuit I can let you have.

I got 2 used ones and only use one to mod a mag light with a 3 watt Luxeon clone.

PM Me if you want it.

wwglen

Illum

Flashaholic
connortn said:
Does anyone have an ideal of what you could expect by using the L2P head converted to fit in a 2C cell flashlight? I'm sure the outputwould be the same but what about when using good non-recargables in it for runtime? Have not saw any lithium C cells but it can't be too long before they hit the market can it?

Results in an unique body structure and an looooooooong runtime...
If you have a big pocket [deeper the better], hey its a pocketlight.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
Just ordered a LS223 is produced by Tektite and is an E10 Edison Miniature Screw base, 10MM, Luxeon I LED replacement bulb for 2 cell systems that use a standard E10 incandescent bulb. I plan on putting it in a nice 2C Eveready (late 40's - Early 50's). I also really like the old 2C lights. I can't wait for the Screw Base SMJLED bulbs when they come out.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/tektite_ls223.htm

connortn

Newly Enlightened
Hey Diesel Bomber:

That EverLED looks great if it will fit in the orignal reflector. Even if it doesn't I might be able to find a common reflector that will work in the host light once I find one. It looks very comparable to the L2P output from what I can see in the review. I looked at the LS223 also but it's output is a good bit lower than either of the other two choices. I'll try to do a little more research and see which way to go on this. The EverLED sure looks like it might be the easiest way to go.

Thanks guys!!!

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I don't think they make a screw base Everled, which is why I was limited to the LS223 which is a screw base. The only drop-ins that with work with that vintage flashlight are screw base edison E10 bulbs.

connortn

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Light:
I would like for you to post here about how the LS223 works when you get it. Such as output as comparied to maybe an L1P. I'm sure the reflector is going to play a big part on the beam quality and characteristics but I might be able to change that a little if the output is good.

Thanks!

Mr_Light

Enlightened
Will do.

connortn said:
Mr. Light:
I would like for you to post here about how the LS223 works when you get it. Such as output as comparied to maybe an L1P. I'm sure the reflector is going to play a big part on the beam quality and characteristics but I might be able to change that a little if the output is good.

Thanks!