A2 in the shower (do you think I'm crazy?)

dragoman

Enlightened
Hi,

Was bored in the hotel, needed to take a shower after work and decided to do it by the light of my new A2.

Here are some pics:

The setup - I used the lanyard and clip to hang the light from the showerhead so that it pointed up through the water stream to the ceiling. Gave a little more light this way, plus the lightbeam looked neat in the water (yes I am easily amused)

DSC01328.jpg

Yellow/Green only, cant really tell how cool this looks when your eyes are night adapted....(you can click on pictures for large size I think)

DSC01326.jpg

Several shots of incan through showerhead stream

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01330.jpg

Beam pattern on ceiling

DSC01331.jpg

Several cheesy shots showing "yes mom, it IS waterproof!", plus was trying to get dramatic shot with the A2 name showing.....didn't work out that well, but.....

DSC01334.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

This was kind of fun. The A2 did great, no water entered the light at all, even when (nervously) twisting the TC directly under the water stream. Kind of like the ambience given by the Y/G LEDs while showering, I might do this again.

Certainly made the shower more fun that normal.

I think I'm descending into flashaholic madness......

Anyways, have fun, and I always welcome comments......but only GOOD ones :D

dragoman

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
dragoman said:
Was bored in the hotel

I understand! I've spent a lot of time in motels in the last 30 years. I was so bored in a motel that I shaved with a pocket knife one time. It was a Sebenza, just in case any one is interested.

It never occured to me to take pictures. :grin2:

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Hi,

Was bored in the hotel, needed to take a shower after work and decided to do it by the light of my new A2.

Here are some pics:

WOAAAH!! That's all I need right there...

I'm outta here!! :crackup:

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
OK....I was kind of starting to get bord with the form... then I found this, you folks never cese to amaze me. The light and the shaving coment.

carrot

Flashaholic
Oh no... I might have to buy another two of these A2's... one in yellow-green, like yours, and another to pop SMJLEDs into, just for fun. That greenish color is very pretty.

You're a sick, sick man, Dragoman. And bad... because I think my wallet just cried.

firefly99

Enlightened
Did it a few times with E2D & G2.

Came home 1 evening and found the bathroom light faulty, keeps flicking on/off. Switch on the E2D and point it at the ceiling while showering. Since the E2D ride in my pant pocket everyday, there is a lot of lint collected next to the rubber boot. Using the shower head to flush the dirt with hot water is quite effective.

Staying at a hotel, I aim the G2 at the big mirror in the bathroom while I enjoy a bubble bath. Double O ring was in place, so no worry.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:
I m already a nutcase :crazy: when my wife ask me who am I going swimming with today?

The Porcupine said:
Cool! I'd do the same with my own A2, except my wife would finally have proof that I'm friggin nuts!:D

Last edited:
Hoghead said:
I understand! I've spent a lot of time in motels in the last 30 years. I was so bored in a motel that I shaved with a pocket knife one time. It was a Sebenza, just in case any one is interested.

It never occured to me to take pictures. :grin2:

Go outside, start infiltrating the sewer infrastructure, supermarket machine room, you name it ;-)

ANW

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
Oh no... I might have to buy another two of these A2's... one in yellow-green, like yours, and another to pop SMJLEDs into, just for fun. That greenish color is very pretty.

You're a sick, sick man, Dragoman. And bad... because I think my wallet just cried.

Was just thinking the same thing of adding another A2 to my collection, besides i'm saving up to buy a few for gifts this christmas anyway. Gotta love the A2 such a great light.:rock:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of when my buddy came back from a business trip in Memphis TN and the lights in the hotel went out.

Poor guy had to take a shower by Mini-mag light.

greenLED

Flashaholic
dragoman said:
I think I'm descending into flashaholic madness......
Sorry to break it, but you hit bottom and started digging! Keep going, you might catch up with some of us folks. :crazy:

:kewlpics:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yellow green is my favorite shade of green. If I could get a very yellow-green luxeon III I'd probably make another 2C light with it.

stockae92

Enlightened
Pila_Power said:
Hi,

Here are some pics:

WOAAAH!! That's all I need right there...

I'm outta here!! :crackup:

lol ... :D

Latest posts