Is there a 5 watt ROYAL BLUE luexon flashlight yet??

tvman

Newly Enlightened
Re: Is there a 5 watt BLUE luexon flashlight yet??

I think I got one a few years ago from Elektrolumens? It runs with two 3aa to D adapters or 3 123's. I think it is 5w but it maybe 3w. I'll check with fellow cpf who I think bought one. It was about $99 before shipping.

Last edited:
please find out.. if you can find one, please post a link. i would prefer the Surefire brand, OBVIOUSLY it will probabally be a mod as i have searched and all i can find is a 3 watt and i am looking for the ROYAL blue. thanks

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, tvman, we got 5W RB Blasters (VIs?) as custom jobs from EL.

dieselducy -

Possibly one of the modders has or could make an SF 5W RB for you.

I would suggest that a MagMod might be more effective. 5W emitters, especially non-whites, can have some very strong artifacts. A mag style aluminum reflector that has been stippled or a stock mag reflector that has been sputter coated will smooth out the beam.

I've got a 5W cyan MagMod with a PMR (stippled Al reflector) that has a round beam that is consistant in intensity with zero artifacts.

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two or three places I would try but I would try only one at a time to make sure I didn't take anyone's time unnecessarily.

I might suggest that the more defined your request is the better but undefined is OK if you're on the fence. In the Custom/Modified BST Forum you could post a "Wanted to buy: Lux V RB light". If you know you want a MagMod, an SFMod or a FromScratchMod say so. If not then entertain what shows up. This might be less expensive.

If that doesn't return anything that suits your needs let that thread sink and post in the Homemade and Modified Forum something like "Would someone build a Lux V RB for me?" Again, if you know you want a Mag, SF or Scratch say so.

I would stay away from optics if at all possible. One reason is that they seem to bring out the artifacts in a 5W and also I suspect they may absorb some of the UV rays from an RB. I don't know this I just suspect it.

That EL Blaster VI RB I have? It has a 30mm optic. In an out-of-doors dark environment it still amazes me with how powerful it is. One day I'll install a stippled reflector and 86 the optic.

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly for understanding light frequency. I had a thread a while back that asked why someone with vision that went south at age 40 could see so well with an RB. Danged interesting thread...the answers that is.

The original idea was to be able to spot the hiding humans in the woods. It does do that fairly well. Humans tend to wear cotton and if not cotton something that glows. The EL RB would work better at that job if it were more focused. RB also tends to weird the humans out a little. I don't know exactly how to describe it. Temporarily confused and spacey.

Want to see animals staring at you in the dark? A powerful incan will cause different reactions depending on the animal. (I know you know this.) My experience has been that cats, rodents and small game will not shy away from RB but thier eyes will reflect back bright purple. I have not yet had the opportunity to try it on deer, puma, black bear or alligators but I think the deer and puma would return two purple dots.

A couple of years ago I was on the river near the lock and dam and felt an odd presense. The EL 5W RB showed that many feral cats were quite interested in me. It didn't scare them off but when I hit them with an incan they would quickly reposition themselves.

Fresh water clam shells show up, some flowers, some spiders and bones will reveal themselves under RB. Some diamonds will glow and some rubies will glow.

Remember a few years ago when tobacco companies were accused of putting addictive chemicals in cigarettes? I shined my RB on my friend's marlboro lights and you could clearly see lacing patterns in the paper, not the tobacco. Last year we tried it again and the patterns are no longer there. I should have got a photo of the laced paper.

Last edited: