After some crap, need SL PP Lux info.

zulu45

Enlightened
Well, today started like any other, til I decided to give M&S Fire and Safety a call here in Evansville. So, after being told (twice) that they have a Black Streamlight ProPolymer AA Luxeon in stock, I drive all the way from west Evansville (about $10 gas total in my truck) to find out they have the same stuff as before.
http://www.kevinbharne.com/poop.gif
Long story short, I've decided to "bite the paranoia bullet" and order online, something I seldom do. I'm not looking for the best price, but what is the most trustworthy place to order a Streamlight ProPolymer AA or C Luxeon online? I don't order online often, so this is kinda new territory for me.

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/112056

Fox intl sells them for $23+shipping (which I think is $6). So you can get the thing shipped to your house for under $30. I would really start ordering some stuff online, because you can save a ton compared to the prices most retail stores charge.
By the way, you are going to love your 4AA Lux. Good choice. By far the best light for under $40 (performance wise). Tons of throw!!!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought various Streamlight products from Brightguy.com in Ohio for about 8 years now and found them to be very accomodating and reliable. Another Ohio resource is fox-intl.com who currently has one of the best prices around on the ProPoly 4AA Lux. I've purchased various SL products and third-party SL parts from them for about a year and a half now and also found them to be responsive and reliable. Both ship fairly quickly (usually next day) if the items that you order are in stock. If you have concerns about inventory you might want to call them before ordering, or just place your order with them over the phone (which may also ease any apprehensions you have about using your credit card for online ordering.)

Oh, the 3C PP Lux is great as well, a little brighter and more throw with the larger reflector if you don't mind the larger form factor. If you're planning on using NiMH C batteries with the 3C, you might run into some problems as some of the imported C NiMH batteries have a larger positive button post that can't be accommodated by the 3C PP Lux lamp module.

zulu45 said:
Well, today started like any other, til I decided to give M&S Fire and Safety a call here in Evansville. So, after being told (twice) that they have a Black Streamlight ProPolymer AA Luxeon in stock, I drive all the way from west Evansville (about $10 gas total in my truck) to find out they have the same stuff as before.
http://www.kevinbharne.com/poop.gif
Long story short, I've decided to "bite the paranoia bullet" and order online, something I seldom do. I'm not looking for the best price, but what is the most trustworthy place to order a Streamlight ProPolymer AA or C Luxeon online? I don't order online often, so this is kinda new territory for me.

zulu45

Enlightened

Thanks for the responses, I'll look into them.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stop whining. Their not having it in stock probably saved you $20+ just on the 4AA model. ;)

Our local uniform supply store has them. ... They charge $49.95 plus tax for them. Which is what Batteries Plus would probably charge you as well.

And in case you haven't heard, the work ethic moved to China.

zulu45 said:
Sigh... after calling Batteries Plus here in Evansville, I get the same treatment, and a waste of more gas money. Whatever happened to the work ethic in this country? This time, though, I was sure to call to "thank" them for wasting my gas and time.

:lolsign:
Thanks for the responses, I'll look into them.

zulu45

Enlightened
LOL good point about the work ethic. In all honest, this cost me about $20 gas today... driving a gas guzzler is hard on the wallet, lol. I think I'm starting to see the superiority of online ordering.

Last edited:

zulu45

Enlightened
Wow, I just saw the prices at FOX. I'm officially impressed, definately gonna order from them... a lot. :D

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people have been complaining about their shipping charges, but perhaps their mommies drive them around in a mini-van or something. Do be aware that the price from Fox has changed from $22.95 to $24.95, but I think they're probably still one of the lowest web prices for the 4AA.

zulu45 said:
Wow, I just saw the prices at FOX. I'm officially impressed, definately gonna order from them... a lot. :D

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
Local places do not have most of the good lights we flashaholics crave. I buy loads of lights online. I have bought some on Ebay and a bunch from folks here on candlepower. My online flashlight buying experiences have all been very positive.
jc

drizzle

Enlightened
Be aware that Fox won't tell you on their web site if they are out of stock. Bright Guy does. I spent a few more dollars at Bright Guy because I like dealing with someone who will be up front about these things.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that Brightguy.com does ship and deliver as promised when the flashlights are in stock according to the website. Great customer service!!!!!
drizzle said:
Be aware that Fox won't tell you on their web site if they are out of stock. Bright Guy does. I spent a few more dollars at Bright Guy because I like dealing with someone who will be up front about these things.