SF 3/6/9P lanyard tailcap

taro68

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys and gals, today i found this 3/6/9P lanyard tailcap. I bought it some years ago, when i bought my first SF 6P . I loose it but today i find it looking around my bedroom. I don't know if a rare piece but i would like show you, do
someone have it?
Thanks for looking.
Giovanni

Chris201W

Enlightened
Cool! I've never seen those before. Can you press in on the place the ring attaches to for momentary?

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's the Z21 TailCap and I've got one...
P177.jpg

I guess it has it's uses although I really wanted one SureFire made for the E2
(never released though)

Al

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have a couple of Z21's. Mine look like Size 15's, the ring is triangular instead of round.

LPS Tactical has the Z21 in stock. What they are selling as the Z21 is the shell only, you need the guts (switch) from a non lock-out tail cap for the Z21 to function.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Jamrock said:
Hmmm..I was just looking at that at DTS..Not sure if thats gutless or what tho:candle:

I'm pretty sure that you would need the switch out of a non-lock out tail cap.

The Z21 is a pretty old part. When the Z21 was made the non-lock out tail cap was standard and all you had to do was take the switch out of your standard (at the time) tail cap and drop it in the Z21.

The $11 price for the Z21 is also the same as LPS Tactical. I think the switch (guts) that you need to complete the Z21 are about $8. You can also use the switch out of a G2 with a non-lock out tail cap if you have one.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I believe, the purpose of the Z21 was to make your Surefire flashlight more water resistant. The original Non-LOTC wasn't very water resistant. The newer Z41 LOTC is, and eliminates the need for the old Z21, unless you're going deep, and you don't want water pressure turning on the flashlight.

oldgrandpajack