Most useful light?

logarithmic

Newly Enlightened
I'm back again with more annoying questions... I just don't have the money to buy every light I see and love.

What would you say was the most useful light you've ever used or have in your collection? Not necessarily EDC-able, not necessarily economical, just the one light you've found yourself reaching for the most when you knew you needed a reliable, bright, or just generally useful flashlight?

dragoman

Enlightened
My current vote has to go to the A2. Low/High levels, regulated so you don't have to worry about battery fade, relatively long lasting, bright on high.

Can't ask for much more in a utility light.

dragoman

carrot

Flashaholic
Same here. A2 Aviator is my most useful light.

Aside from that, the E1L with an F04 beamshaper is surprisingly useful, even with only one output level. Before I had the E1L in my hands, I wasn't sure if it would be a "specialized" light good for only some tasks. I find it usable for pretty much everything I normally use a light for. It's also easier to pocket.

paulr

Flashaholic
Photon II. Used the most often simply because I always have it.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Ditto what Paulr said. Just the other day I thought I was without a flashlight. Even worse was that I was in conference room with no windows. If we had a power failure I would have been SOL. Luckly I had my Photton II attached to my leatherman squirt in my wallet. It would have been plenty of light to get out of the room and out of the building.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon II, it is always there, always has been for probably close to 15 years. Now I am getting to rely upon the X1 and X5, both are way too handy and useful.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Arc AAA because it's always in my pocket. At home the most useful for bigger jobs would be the UK eLED 4AA.

Geoff

Allnew2me

Enlightened
I'm still very new to all this but so far I would say that my Inova X5 is the most used, only because it puts out such a wide, usefull beam. It is certainly a short distance light but that seems to be where I need a light most. The ARC-P is right there also. Im sure if I had an A2 I would find that a favorite but I have to get one first!

nc987

Enlightened
If I had to choose any of my lights for their useability, it would be the E2L.

Reaper

Enlightened
Most used light is my CMG Infinity (old style) at night at home. ARC AAA-P is always on keychain during days but recently been thinking about the new Fenix P1 since I have all these 123's and no light to use them in, except for my modded ARC LS2 which I am not taking a chance on losing.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my collection, I would say either the Jil Intelli or Fire~Fly III. You don't always need or want BRIGHT! and either are bright enough for pretty much anything I'd need.

InfidelCastro

Banned
The most useful light I've ever owned would be a toss-up between the black E2E Executive I used to have and my River Rock 2AAA.

Luckily I got an E2O to replace the E2E.

drizzle

Enlightened
Fenix L1P for the same reason as the others, it's nearly always in my pocket. I do have a Photon II on my keychain as a backup.