Surefire Adaptor ???

Destroid Monster

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm confused with the different types of adaptors avaliable to convert my very cute 3P to a decent 6P ... or to convert my D3 to use a R30(replacement bulb for 3P. I e-mailed to tannersstorefront.com and they asked me to checked out surefire.com....

Is SUR-A19 the right adaptor for me to convert the 3P to a 6P?

How about this SUR-A-12?- Is it a dummy CR123 battery?...is it the correct item to purchase to convert my existing D3 for R30 bulbs?

How about SUR-A21? - What the heck is a universal housing body
confused.gif

Thanks a million for your help....
grin.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
DM,
DO NOT believe anything I say.
Check with SF Customer Services before you place your order. Or post your question on the SFDB.

I have a 3P, and I want to convert it upwards to a 6P. But why stop there - with the right adapters you can make a 3P up to a 6P, 6R, or a 9P !! That's easy - the tough thing is to find out the part numbers ......

R30 - this LA for the 3P is now discontinued, but will remain available as part of SF's policy of support, possibly with a different ref. number.

A19 converts the 6P to a 9P, so *should* work the same for a 3P.

Z20 is the "blank 123" battery spacer. you will need 2 so as to use a single cell LA with a 3-cell torch.

A12 - in the old reference notes I have it's a "Lithium Battery Adapter". I have no idea what that is ...

A21 "Universal Housing Body" - I believe it's something to do with the weaponlight range.

There are "A's" and "Z's" galore in the SF range, but unfortunately, no explanation on the SF website.

lightlover
confused.gif
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 5 years ago I called(rang for ll)Applied whatever(what Surefire was known as)for a catalog. I received a very thick package with lots of folders and pamplets. Among them was the weapons light catalog FILLED with every dang thing that ever was made by SF. Quite thick it was. Packed with adapters, modules and mounts. Two months ago I rang(called)for a new catalog. I received a three page color glossy piece of crap from them with hardly any details. What the hell is a clamshell? It reminded me of a timeshare brochure. My opinion of Surefire is fast going down. Especially after reading here about exploding bulbs and rechargable batteries lasting ten minutes and melting lens. I quit going to the SFDB after they started the Cop Talk forum. Makes me feel like a second class person whom is not allowed to know what my betters are saying. Screw them. I will order a E2e and keep my fingers crossed that it works and then bye bye SF.
Sorry about the rant but it had been stewing in me for months and I had to vent it.
Thanks to all the CPF members who gave such great information on other brands of lights.
Love my Ultrastinger and Surge.
....Dana....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with you about cop-talk. That is not right. And catalog does suck.

bkral

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the A19 is the correct adaptor and it does work on the 3P (I converted mine to a 6P after I got my E1). And yes, if you get two of them you can either a) run the 9V P90/91 lamps or b)run your R30 on two AAs (mine hardly rattles at all, but you can roll up some paper around the batteries if it bothers you)

I love the A19...

-BCK

bkral

Newly Enlightened
D'Oh! I missed the fact that you already have a D3 - the only conversion parts you need to run the R30 are 2 AA batteries!

-BCK

Size15's

Flashaholic
Getting info and details off the SureFire website almost like getting blood from rocks.

PK's site is a help, but I find it crazy that the company with the most options doesn't even display them all in a clear, quick format, and lets the viewer have access to the important information.

Shelby is fotografrizing loads of stuff - my hope is that he'll get EVERYTHING SureFire make so we can ask him what this+that+theother looks like, and he'll take a photo, it gets added to an online database so that others can find it and see it.

Glossy photos are great for adverts but don't help for those that want details - clean and simple.

There have been problems (that's not denied)
Customer Service are support customers (that's been confirmed)

The demand for SureFires appears to be increasing rapidly, and keeping up with demand is challenging when you make stuff like SureFires that are depended on.

Life can be tough when you're at the top on the edge. I would not write SureFire off so easily, so soon.

If other companies tried as hard as SureFire - To push the technology - to make new leaps - To demand more, just like SureFire customers do, they'd experience challanges too.

Unlike others, SureFire doesn't seem scared by the unknown. The problems that their suppliers have keeping up are amazingly few.

Al

Dizney

Newly Enlightened
Phred and Alex,

The cop-talk section at SureFire hasn't had anything that's worth losing sleep over. Many of their topics have been discussed on other gun-knife/survival type bulletin boards.
cool.gif

Destroid Monster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the output so far
smile.gif
....its like a ray of light cutting thru' the darkness
rolleyes.gif

NOW I knew at least what the heck those "codes" are.....

It seems to me that those adaptors are not made by Surefire are they? It would kinda "cannibalise" their sales if it is (I juz buy a 3P and 2 adaptors/blank battery spacer & the necessary bulbs and I be running homefree from 15 to 200 lumens)
confused.gif

bkral

Newly Enlightened
The adapters are genuine surefire parts, but you are correct that there is no free lunch here. I can't recall exactly, but I think I paid about $15 each for the adapters, plus $15-20 for the new lamp, plus the extra batteries. When you add in the price of the 3P, it comes to more than I paid for my 9P - but then I already had the 3P, and this set-up is more versatile.

-BCK