fisher man chime in

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i moved but am still on lake lanier.in same spot realy just a few doors away lol. whats the best bait to catch fish on a lake such as this. a guy told me corn will work ios that true\? i heard corn will make trout bite but there aint trout here. i think he said it weill cathc carp or crappie i forget is that true? what other cheap bait will work .i cant aford live baits realy but i wanna fish pretty badly i wanna cathc anything i can eat

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
Worms are usually good. You can get them at night when they come out, you just need a flashlight :thinking: to find them.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i thought about that but id feel so weird doing that i guess i could walk down near lake where no one will see me.lol ya know they will have no idea what i was doing and they be like what in the world is that wirdo doing lol

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Anybody that can't recognize a guy digging for worms has no business being around a lake. If they think you are weird for doing it, they need to high tail it back to the city.

magic79

Enlightened
Catfish will bite on corn.

Stinkbait usually works really well for catfish. Even Limburger or other odiferous cheese works. Go to a bait shop and ask. Fish at night. Catfish are fine eating!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the nitecrawlers. Actually kind of fun to catch them. They shy away quickly from white lights, not so quickly from red. Walk softly, they feel the vibrations and duck back in their holes. Urban yards, gardens, flower beds and golf courses are good places, particularly after a rain or irrigation.

Suggest you wear light colored clothes, so neighbors won't think you're sneaking around. I wouldn't carry a crowbar or ladder either. Ha.

Just about anything will bite nitecrawlers -- might just be the universal bait.

You might try a couple of artificial baits. A white spinnerbait or a silver shadrap might catch several species of bass or maybe a crappie or two. Lake Lanier has a reputation of being one of the the best fishing lakes in the nation.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o from what im seen where i live the bigest fish on the lake are caught something about chathchee they said like 50 lbs stripers or something today i saw a snake there was to slow to get his pic but did get some baby geese cant be over 1 day old or 2