Alternate Method Needed to Delete XP Program

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
About once a year, I need the expertise of the resident techies on CPF. This is one of those times.

I downloaded a new version of Brother P-Touch software for my QL-500. It instructed me to delete the old version before installing the new.

I used the Windows Uninstall program, like I would normally do, but instead of being deleted, I get the message that the program maintenance has been performed and the program still is there.

Is there another method of removing this program outside of the Uninstaller? There is no uninstall option within the Brother program.

Thanks for your help.

Marty

carrot

Flashaholic
It used to be that PCMag offered its custom utilities online for free; now you have to pay a fee to use them. Fortunately, some good people saved copies from when they *were* free... so I recommend to try Unclean (download)

Lightmeup

Enlightened
What about just using windows explorer to go into the Program Files folder and delete the offending programs. If it's not in Program Files you'll have to track it down.

drizzle

Enlightened
Lightmeup, that won't take care of the registry entries. If the new software is requiring an uninstall of the old software then by just deleting the program files you could have registry problems after installing the new software.

fluorescent

Enlightened
Marty Weiner said:
Is there another method of removing this program outside of the Uninstaller? There is no uninstall option within the Brother program.

I take it there is no uninstall icon in the program folder?

also use windows explorer to look in the install directory for a file called uninstall(.exe) or remove(.exe) or similar...

atm

Enlightened
carrot said:
It used to be that PCMag offered its custom utilities online for free; now you have to pay a fee to use them. Fortunately, some good people saved copies from when they *were* free... so I recommend to try Unclean (download)

Very handy, thanks Carrot!

Andrew