Introducing the LLMcRARC - What?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
llmcrarc6tc.jpg

Well darned if I didn't delete the PM with the details, but let me try to remember...

(I don't know what to call it, so far it's the "LarryLight w/McR-38 reflector & ARC-LS twisty tailcap" = "LLMcRARC"

I go to the mailbox and find this little white box (little did I know it contained sooo many photons almost screaming to be released!)...Larry of the famous "LarryLight" had somehow gotten my address and sent this little stick of photonic dynamite to me as a surprise!

He took a McR-38 reflector (McGizmo production) and threaded the back of it, worked his lathe magic and fitted an ARC-LS twisty on it and BEHOLD - THE SUN in a "pocket sized package"!!!

Darned if I didn't sell my lightmeter - now I've only got spots before my eyes to witness that this little puppy is a SCORCHER!!! (Why do I "have" to look at the lit end of the stick?! :banghead: )

I think Larry told me it was a TWOJ Lux III (?) - help Larry, what circuit...on a single 123 WITH a two stage switch!!

We'll need to get Larry to speak here for the specifics - please?

Here's a couple more pics as well with a US dime for size comparison. BTW, if you are familiar with a bare McR-38...the LED is about half way down into the tube....this is a UNIQUE piece for sure and I want to publicly THANK Larry for this!!! Man I owe him for this one!

(oh he keeps saying it's a POS...I told him the ole' "one's mans garbage is another man's treasure"...geesh, I'm wanting to go through his trash now - but it's a loooooooooooong drive from Alaska!! :D )

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that is one sweet little light. With the 38mm reflector in it it must throw incredibly well for a light of that size. What is the length about 3"?

-LT

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Throws very well coupled with some nice spill as well! It's now my primary "bump in the night" light!!

It's 3 & 5/16" long and a little over 1 1/2" wide at the front of the bezel.

Oh I forgot to mention, Larry included a rechargeable 123 cell for "free photons"!

WOW - karma will get him sooner or later for all he's done for the lighting community!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I was bored and vaguely recall threatening Don with threading the rear of one of his reflectors. (I think he gave me that one. :D ) Those with Aleph 3s are well aware of what throw is for an LED. The board is a 2-level, DD number Wayne made up a bunch for me and was intended for the Li14270 proj I haven't had time to do. :( The LE threads into the body, and everything is O-ringed. Sigfried failed to mention the bezel is slip-fit and needed to be glued-on. Yeah, LED is a TW0J. The cell is a collector's item- was one of the two protected RCR2' JSB gave me at the Cambria get-together when he received them, and is still going strong. It's still a naked aluminum POS. :D

Larry