Use of Glow sheeting on flashlights... with PICS!!!!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I recently got some glowsheet from a fellow CPF member (Thanks Nakahoshi!) and decided to apply it to some of my flashlights to help me locate them in the dark.

The glowsheet was originally bought at:

http://www.extremeglow.com/Merchant4/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SHEETG&Category_Code=PHOTOGLOW

The only downside I see is that they want a minimum order of $25, maybe a CPF dealer could have some in stock and sell in small quantities for a profit.

This stuff rocks, when charged for a few seconds it gives a very bright glow that casts shadows for the first few minutes then it keeps on glowing gradually dimming for an additional 8-10 hours, after 10 hours I can still see the faint glow with dark adapted eyes.

Anyway, I decided to put some glowsheeting around the bezel of some of my lights, it has a self sticking adhesive but this is not strong enough for a lasting aplication, so a drop of Krazy Glue fixes it, the glue will not affect the sheeting and will keep the glowsheet from peeling off. The good thing about putting it around the bezel where the glass meets the reflector is that when used the flashlight will charge up the GID sheeting.

OK enough talk... let's see some pics of my setup

Here is a night picture to show the glowsheeting applied to different flashlights.

From left to right: SF E2e with modded KL-1, Custom grooved 2D ROP, McGizmo PR-T, SL TL-3, and Thor spotlight. The sheeting was applied to the inside lip of the bezel where it meets the lens, this is a good setup because it will be very dificult to damage during EDC and as a bonus the glow is amplified by the reflector.

KL-1 with daylight, as you can see it fits flush inside the bezel.

Now the ROP

PR-T and SL Tl-3

And now the Thor, had to manually resize image so it may look somewhat out of shape.

So far, I've been very pleased with the results, the lights are easy to find in the dark and the GID sheeting has been holding pretty good. I would definately recommend it.

Sincerely:
AlexGT

Last edited:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same 'setup' with glowtape around the insides of the bezel on some of my flashlights. Nice work!!

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep an eye on the ends of the strips. I've ended up using a bit of a clear contact adhesive to keep them down. However my strips are on the outside.

atm

Enlightened
Very nice Alex. With the minimum quantities required ($50 for international!) these sheets may make a good GB.

Andrew

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mike, I put superglue all around, they are holding pretty good, and don't see them coming off any time soon.

They should put better adhesive on the back since they already invested in high quality GID material.

AlexGT

Mike Painter said:
Keep an eye on the ends of the strips. I've ended up using a bit of a clear contact adhesive to keep them down. However my strips are on the outside.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered 10ft of green seconds. When I get it, if it's worth messing with, I'll post and sell most of it. I'll be gone for a week or so, so will advise when I return.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy your Enjoying the glow paper, it def. is BRIGHT. Im sure we could get a pretty good deal with a group buy, this stuff is so handy and has millions of uses beyond flashlights. The glow quality is the best part of this product, but your right, the "sticky" side is ok for a wall but not anywhere that would be handled much. Clear nail polish helps too, when it dries it shrinks so its not to much of a bulky mess.

-bobby