ATV'ers?

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Anyone here into ATVing? I just picked up a Kawasaki BF 650i and wanted to know what ya'll are riding? I was blasting up and down my street the other night(couldn't wait for the weekend) and nearly hit 70mph on it...had to run inside and change my pants quickly after.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha, thats freaking awesome. I really wish I had the money to get one, but they definately are not cheap. We have one on the large chunk of land that I live on, but its not ours really. We can use it all we need for jobs around the yard and what not though. Occasionally I drive it and have lots of fun for a minute or so then back to yard work. I would be in deep crap if I broke anything on it for sure. I think its something like a Honda Fourtrax IIRC. I would love to have one for offroading as there are plenty of trails nearby.

-C

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
ME!!!!! very nice ATV youve got there ive got a Grizzly myself and ill be out riding this weekend so i wont be able to read the posts on here until sunday night. If you need any help or tips just let me know or if anybody else is looking at buying one you can talk to me and ill steer you the right way.

Have Fun

Last edited:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love one with a plow... always just loved 'em,

only problem is I live on a 1/3 acre lot... I'd look silly driving around on it LOL

jtice

Flashaholic
I LOOOOOOOOVE ATVing !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

I got my 2005 Honda Rubicon a few months back.
I try to ride every weekend, going out tomorrow ! :D
IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

Here is my ATV Gallery
http://www.jtice.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=ATV

Here are the ATV Vids
http://www.jtice.com/home_movs/atv

Here are my Trip Reports
http://www.jtice.com/trip_reports

~John

Flame

Newly Enlightened
Yes it is indoor outdoor carpet. Notice the snorkles on the front rack. Believe it or not, it will go through water just above the handlebars. I have had lots of fun with it.

jtice

Flashaholic
I have thought about snorkling mine,
but I dont do all that much mud/water riding.
I mainly trail and trail blaze.

Its amazing what they can go through, I have done some stream riding with mine,
I was surprised how well it did. Though I came damn close to drowning it a couple times.

~John

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Polaris Magnum until about this time last year. I enjoyed riding it, but got rid of it when the Forest Service and BLM started outlawing the use of them in many of the places that I used to like to ride...

Many of those places are still open to 'jeeps' , motorcycles and snowmobiles, but the 'evil' ATVs have been banned.

Spent the money from the ATV sale on further rebuilding my Suzuki Samurai... Which isn't ALL that much larger than the ATV and is legal in a lot more places, PLUS it keeps the rain off. ;)

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Jtice...Nice Rubicon! I was looking at them before I went with the Kawi. Is that cargo box on the back metal? I was looking for something similar, but with a slightly lower profile and maybe in plastic.

I'm diggin the ammo cans with the flames on the other bike and you can never leave home without a cooler!

Anyone have any experience with the Maxxis Bighorns?

Ride On..

Flavio

gorn

Enlightened
I started riding ATC's back in the days before quads. I quit riding many years ago, but got back into it last summer. Now that i'm retired the Wife and I each got a Kawasaki KFX 700. Boy are these way better then the old days. We ride at Pismo Beach, Oregon Dunes, and the Eldorado National Forest where the Rubicon run starts.

I picked up some FRS radio headsets that mount in our helmets and have a push to talk switch on the handlebar. That is real nice for keeping in communication while we are zooming through the dunes or trails.

jtice

Flashaholic
My storage box is this smaller one from Cabelas.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=atv+box&noImage=0

Its just small enough not to get in the way.
I have seen some other lower profile ones somewhere though.
I was not impressed with any of the plastic boxes.

The Maxxis Bighorns are at the very top of my list.
They are said to be an Excellent trail tire, wear good and even, ride great, are a radial tire.
If your mostly a trail rider, get the Big Horns.
Even in the mud, they are going to have more bite than stock.
Ever hardcore rider I see, that is not a Mud bog nut, has BigHorns around here.

Oh BTW, you guys will like this....
I modded the top handlebar light to a 35W 3200 Lumen HID :D:D:D:D

~John

Flame

Newly Enlightened
I bolted thos two 50 Cal. amo boxes down, slicone sealed th ebolts, removed the top handles because they rattle, and they are 100% waterproof. Tried and tested! With 25 psi in the 28: Outlaw tires, they are 28 1/2" tall. With that much air, if you get in a creek or pond with over 30 inces of water, give it the gas and the front wheels will just float on top of the water and you can ride wheelies as far as you like very easily. Whlie riding these water wheelies, he ammo boxes wil be completely submerged, and my cell phone in side there stays dry. Works well for the riding we do which is pretty much very deep mud and water. The Outlaw tire is very rough on the bike but is one of the very best mud tires I have seen.

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
haha jtice i have the same exact helmet.

Very nice Grizzly Flame, I have a Grizzly also. Those Outlaws are very rough on it, if you havent already you might want to clutch it, pipe it, and jet it and youll get back some of the power loss.

As for the Bighorns they are a very nice overall tire but i much more prefer MudLites if you're planning on doing any mud riding.