SF F04 filter solved tint problem.

wuyeah

Enlightened
Dear all,

My older L1 has blue tint problem. Well, it was a problem that ever really bother me. on low, it is much blue than A2 WH LED when i compare side by side. I never sent for repair because on high, the color is actually acceptable in my opinion.

I purchased F04 filter to see how well they work on my E1L. It was awsome! Smooth light all over. this filter pretty much smooth most of my SF lights. When use on L2, it improved L2's light beam. Greatful little thing.

Then....i put it on my blue tint L1. Wow, what a surprise. when i have low, the blue tint just disappear! It is real white. I have no clue the science behind it. The beam has no more tint is what I never expect.

F04 is worth it every penny, except, it is a bit ugly looking when you apply on a light. Loose some coolness to light. Everything has trade off, i guess i can't ask too much from it.

I am just excited to present you this news. F04 filter is great.

Chris201W

Enlightened
I don't have any experience with the F04, but when I put a poland springs bottle cap on a minimag with opalec newbeam (bluish tint with warmer light around the edges) it smoothed it out (obviously) and got rid of the blue tint completely. In fact, it looked slightly yellow. I'm also not sure why this is. Maybe it's because the blue tint was only in the middle of the beam, and the filter dispersed this otherwise concentrate blue light?

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you said it improved the L2's light beam, what did it improve, the throw,overall output or what? I may be interested in one of those filters.:)

Chris201W

Enlightened
Well, a beam diffuser wouldn't improve output or throw, in fact it would decrease both of those. I'm guessing he was talking about either a donut hole, or tint.

wuyeah

Enlightened
dizzy said:
When you said it improved the L2's light beam, what did it improve, the throw,overall output or what? I may be interested in one of those filters.:)

What i meant was...L2;s beam looks nicer. There is a smooth gradiation from hot spot to side spill. Pretty much, you don't see hot spot so much, the beam has a smooth blend to it. I must say, L2's beam doesn't look as bright when filter apply. The filter might decrease the output. The smooth blend works nice when you want to work in close distance. Where you don't want hot spot to be so bright.

Yes, the F04 does look like some spring water cap finish. Perhaps the same thing?? its more like paying 12 dollor to have a spring water cap that stays on you light all the time.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the explanation wuyeah.:) I know what you mean about smoothing out the hot spot.I may have to try one now. :thanks:

carrot

Flashaholic
I've tried the bottlecap vs. the F04. The Poland Springs translucent bottlecap gives the beam funny properties. While the F04 gives the (KL1) beam a nice, smooth output, the bottlecap does not as much, with a detectable hotspot of a greenish tint, and a spill of a yellowish one. I was surprised to notice this difference myself, but apparently there is more to the F04 than originally meets the eye.

Chris201W

Enlightened
carrot said:
I've tried the bottlecap vs. the F04. The Poland Springs translucent bottlecap gives the beam funny properties. While the F04 gives the (KL1) beam a nice, smooth output, the bottlecap does not as much, with a detectable hotspot of a greenish tint, and a spill of a yellowish one. I was surprised to notice this difference myself, but apparently there is more to the F04 than originally meets the eye.

That's interesting. The bottle caps on a minimag w/opalec newbeam give an absolutely perfect beam. I guess when the beam is brighter and more focused (KL1) it doesn't work as well.