Heading out to San Francisco for two weeks

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
County Communication is down in San Jose, about an hour south of SF... Unfortunately, they have closed their show room... but you might be able to order and pick up your www.countycomm.com directly...

But you are going to find that we have around an 8.5% sales tax... Makes Internet browsing a bit more exciting for us Kalifornians...

-Bill

Last edited:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
well if you drive up to Napa - and stop in San Rafael, you can take a look at a GatLight V2 prototype... just pm me for phone number, to make sure I am around. (no guarantees)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly are you looking for?

Lights of a camping/hiking/sporting nature can be found at a couple of regional chains like REI and at nationally known department stores.

Paramilitary type lights can be found at various surplus and police uniform supply stores.

Prices then to be high, right at the MSRP level though.

And San Jose is somewhere between 45-60 miles from San Francisco or Oakland, depending upon where you are starting from and where you are headed.

scrappy said:
Any light related things (stores, etc.) I should hit while out there, I guess San Jose and Oakland will be close.

Thanks

Rich

scrappy

Enlightened
Thanks for the replys guys.

Evan, I'll get you that email when I figure out which day I will be stopping by... its all up to the wife of course. Her parents live out in San Mateo and we have two weeks to hang and do nothing...(nothing = no work)

Thanks

Rich

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you guys are going to be in the Bay area at the same time, maybe we can set up an evening Bay area CPF get together. At the very least, we should be able to set up a lunch get together.

Scrappy, as soon as you know your dates, post them, and we'll see what we can arrange.

scrappy

Enlightened
Bright and Jim

I am heading out tomorrow at 7 am from Newark NJ (May 2nd) and returning on May 11th - Should be interesting. You know those threads - you know your a flashaholic when - while preparing to leave you tweak the CPF options to help the site load faster on your IPAQ (limited posts per page, no avatars, no photos.....etc. etc. etc.).

Later

Rich

Jim PM sent

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be sure to post any flashaholically-pertainant info regarding the area, as I am moving out there at the end of the summer to start grad school.

Actually, on second thought, don't- I don't want to know where I can go to spend all my money I should be saving for tuition and rent ;).

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be in time to pick up one of amondotech 3152 HID spotlights if they do the get toegether.

AlexGT

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kfog Kaboom concert is Saturday night. They have the biggest fireworks display of the year, so you should check that out. It is a free concert, and they don't check bags very well, so you can sneak in some drinks. Pier 30,32.