Nuwai glass lens.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
The chap at Flashlightlens said that he had had a few requests for these and was thinking about getting them in. Perhaps if a few more people e'mailed him he may be persuaded....

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jay R said:
The chap at Flashlightlens said that he had had a few requests for these and was thinking about getting them in. Perhaps if a few more people e'mailed him he may be persuaded....

Which size lens for what light?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would rather send Nuwai a message and suggest that they (or the affiliated OEM mfyer) should modify the design of their products so as to be compatible with third-party reflectors, lenses etc.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, yes, you could send the manufactures an e'mail and if they bother to take any notice of you they may redesign the torch, remanufacture it, ship it out worldwide put the price up and if you are very lucky you may be able to buy a new one in 18 months time with a head that either has a glass lens or has a head the correct size for one of the aftermarket ones already available.

Or

You could send Flashlightlens an e'mail and perhaps in a month they will stock them ??

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested in a glass lens for my Q3. Litemania currently sells a mineral glass lens for the Q3 that's 21.88mm x 1mm thick. Perhaps flashlightlens.com can make the lens 21.9mm (or 22mm) instead of 22.1mm which may be too tight a fit.

Just emailed flashlightlens.com to express my interest (and mentioned the 21.9mm optimal size with 22mm max if possible).

Last edited:

Luna

Enlightened
jsr said:
I'd be interested in a glass lens for my Q3. Litemania currently sells a mineral glass lens for the Q3 that's 21.88mm x 1mm thick. Perhaps flashlightlens.com can make the lens 21.9mm (or 22mm) instead of 22.1mm which may be too tight a fit.

Just emailed flashlightlens.com to express my interest (and mentioned the 21.9mm optimal size with 22mm max if possible).

Just get a flat mineral glass watch crystal online. They have just about every permutation you could want.

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
QIII accepts a 22mm.

just drop by your local watch repair store and pick-up a 22mm x 1.5mm mineral glass lens. Or, a 22mm x 1mm lens and use a thicker o-ring (at your local hardware store).

My local watch repair shop has all sizes of mineral glass. I have replaced a few of my ploy-carb lens in my lights.

Last edited:

a4toronto

Newly Enlightened
i'm new here...but i have a qiii - what is the benefit of replacing the glass?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plastic (polycarbonate, lexan, acrylic, etc.) aren't as "clear" as glass and thus does not allow as much light to pass through. Replacing the lens with a glass lens results in more light out of the flashlight. Glass is also more scratch resistant while the plastic lenses can get fine scratches fairly easily. More scratches results in more light loss. Tho, keep in mind, glass can shatter if/when dropped while plastic is more shatterproof. You trade off impact resistance for more light transmittance.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the information guys. Unfortunately all the places I found either don't ship to England or charge outrageous prices. I tried watch places in town and they all send repairs away so they don't have spares. Just have to keep looking or wait till Flashlight lens gets them in.